Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are there plans for a 5" XDM 9mm?

hartzpad

They made a couple 5" for the American Handgunner article, but I have no clue it the will release them to the public. Personally, I would not want a 5" version unless they did some slide lightening, as it would lose the good balance it has now at 4.5"

OOHHH, How about a 6" with slide cuts for production, do you think it would fly ??

If the factory made one I guess it would have to ?? :unsure: If the balance was

right it could eaisly take over the division ..

Hello, anybody listening ??

Edited by P.Pres

OOHHH, How about a 6" with slide cuts for production, do you think it would fly ??

If the factory made one I guess it would have to ?? :unsure: If the balance was

right it could eaisly take over the division ..

Hello, anybody listening ??

Oh mama!!! :roflol:

• 4 months later...

It wouldn't be legal since its dimensions would be too large for the division. It would also never fit in the IDPA box, so it wouldn't fly there either.

They might be able to squeeze a 5.5" barreled gun into the box.

I doubt it. Maybe 5.25".

I'd love to see a 5" XDm, but I can't imagine HS or SA tooling up a production line just to add 1/2" to the barrel length.

I'd love to see a 5" XDm, but I can't imagine HS or SA tooling up a production line just to add 1/2" to the barrel length.

They do or did a 5" XD, I have one which I use for IPSC Production. Is there much difference between XD and XDM slides and barrels? I would love an XDM or the HS equivalent but Australian law requires a 120mm minimum barrel length so it has to be the 5"

Peter

If they make a 5"+ XDm with a coffin cut slide (like a Glock 34 / 35), I would buy one and send it straight to Canyon Creek! I can't wait to see them!

Chuck

They might be able to squeeze a 5.5" barreled gun into the box.

Rich

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...