Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

inglorious bastards

oddjob

Brad Pitt's character and acting were great, don't get me wrong...but the guy that played the Nazi bad guy? Landa? HE was the heat in the movie. The ending wasn't what...what most people look at as realistic (including me) but hey, it's only a movie, and very good one, I thought.

Even if it was a NAZI (no aliens or zombies involved) movie.

• 2 months later...

Just got to see this one.

Better than I expected! Not on the same level at all with Pulp Fiction, but about the same as Reservoir Dogs. Like most of his films the side stories and charaters are so interesting you feel cheated almost that the story didn't focus there. I guess he had this one rolling around for years and years and had to cut away tons of it to get it made. Shame. Brad Pitt's character was just evil fun. The girl that owns the cimema is one of those surprise roles that takes the story at the end. The SS officer character was brilliant! The actor that I thought was trying too much was Pitt. A no name could have pulled it off just as well I think.

It's gory and graphic, but that's what you kind of expect with Tarantino. Like Fiction and Dogs the gory fits the story pretty well. If you like Tarantino's work I think you'll like it!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It is worth watching, if only to see what potential this movie had.

After the opening scenes, I expected the movie to be simply bigger, more fighting, and show more about the lifestyle of a Nazi.

It was almost like reading a book with 25 Chapters that is missing 20 of them.

The movie could have been huge, but I was really disappointed.

I thought it started out magnificently with Christoph Waltz's portrayal of Colonel Landa in the Frenchman's house, and after that fell apart until by the end it was laughably bad. But somehow Waltz soared above the wreck of the film. Every time he was on screen Waltz OWNED that movie. As I was watching it, I was thinking, "If this guy doesn't get at least a Best Supporting Actor Academy Award nomination, there's no justice in the universe." Just read this on Wikipedia:

"For his portrayal of Hans Landa, Christoph Waltz won the Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival, as well as the BAFTA Award, Golden Globe, and the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor."

I guess there is indeed justice in the universe. :)