Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Keys

Well we have started to plan our trip to the 2010 Florida Open. once we are done shooting we are going to head back to the Keys for two weeks of sun and relaxation. does anyone have any suggestions of for places to stay in the Keys? we are looking for a one bedroom place and after that we are pretty flexible.

Also any suggestions of things to see or do will be appreciated.

Tyr this.

http://www.google.com

There are many holtels and bed and breakfast in the Key West area.

My wife and I have been going to the Keys now for the past 5-6

years, and love it. Great SCBA diving, and swimming. Deval street

in the evening is something else. The bars are nonstop, and if you have

little ones, Malery Sq. is the place for them.

My wife and I love the Keys. We go to Key West a couple of times a year. We stay at a place called Duval Gardens which is on Duval Street (the main street in Key West). Once you park you will never have to move the car again. You can walk to any and everything. Be sure to get to Mallory Square at sunset, it is really beautiful and lots of fun. Right at Mallory Square is a Spanish Resturant called Meson De Pepe (or something close to that) <_< . It is a great place to eat. But there are bunches of of great places for grouper sandwiches, key lime pie and margaritas. :cheers:

If you find a smaller hotel (non-chain) or B&B or something that looks attractive, you might call and inquire as to the type of guests to which they cater. You might find that people of certain lifestyles gravitate to certain establishments. Of course, you may or may not care about such things.

If you find a smaller hotel (non-chain) or B&B or something that looks attractive, you might call and inquire as to the type of guests to which they cater. You might find that people of certain lifestyles gravitate to certain establishments. Of course, you may or may not care about such things.

+1 there

Decide if you want to go to the Keys or if you want to go to Key West. They're two different places imo. Both are fine but Key West is more of a party scene. You can see Hemmingway's house, get your picture taken at the southernmost point in the US, buy a hog's breath saloon t and a margarita in Jimmy Buffet's and it's all good but I prefer to drive down and do that for a day or so. As far as where to stay, I'm personally more into fishing and diving so I would stop early and stay in the Islamorada area.

I've stayed at the Islander several times. It's an old school B&B with good views and easy access. Nothing fancy, tile floors, one room suites w/ a kitchenette, etc. Be sure you book early so you can get an ocean view room.

If you want high end, the Cheeca is right next door. You probably won't be able to walk out of your room right onto the sand/coral but you will have turndown service and chocolate mints on your pillows at night.

Not sure how the fishing is that time of year but if there are any tarpon around you need to stop at Robbie's Marina and feed them a bucket. Just don't put your hand too close to the water. :)

Lived and worked the Destin and Fort Walton Beach dive spots part time for a few years. Never made it to the Keys. Dumb. <_< I'll get there before I keel over. A beater room near the beach and a couple days scuba rental sounds really...good. So does oysters and beer at night.

Sorry...thread drift off :)

Oh yea! I remember the first time I ever had oysters. My son wanted to try them so we went to a place in Key Largo. I wasn't quite ready for the way they were served. In a galvanized bucket with a bunch of celery on top of them. But I have to admit, if we go back there I'll order the same way. They were great.