Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap tools

Modoc

Title says it. Bought a set of clippers to do my own hair and save a couple bucks. $35 for the clippers is paid for in 3 uses versus going to the local barber. They lasted the 3 uses and are now seizing up. Add to it, the guard came off while I was using them and now I look like Hopalong's Avatar :surprise: ! It almost makes me want to go back to the barber.

I hate going to the barber.

If you have some the locked up after 3 uses...you can proably take them back.

I often check the tightness of the (metal) guard...and I always oil up the teeth (baby oil works).

And, yeah...you gotta watch those plastic guards...kinda like seating primers.

You'll get the hang of it.

hey, at least yours cut your hair.

I had a set of Wahl clippers that lasted forever before giving up the ghost (rad getting dropped for the nth time).

So I ran out to get a new pair, but all the local big box stores had in stock was brand X with some designers name on them. All tightened up, all they did was bend my hair. Because they had used them, they wouldn't accept a return.

Finally, I just mail orderd another set of wahl clippers and they are a couple years old and still cranking away.

As for the plastic guards, well even if you get them on right, it's still no fun if you say.. mix up the eye brow trimmer and the one for trimming around your ears.

No fun.

...As for the plastic guards, well even if you get them on right, it's still no fun if you say.. mix up the eye brow trimmer and the one for trimming around your ears.

No fun...

OOOOOhhhhh. THAT explains the avatar.... :lol:

Jimmy, I wish that I had not trimmed my mustache the week before, had a good Wyat Earp handlebar going (almost as good as GJ's). Couple that with a Kojack haircut and OH MY!!! :roflol:

I am going to be looking at either the tack shops or the local Professional Beauty Supply store for another set of clippers.

By the way, it wouldn't have been so bad if the weather hadn't gone from 112F to 34F that week :surprise: A chrome dome with no climitization can be an awakening experience. Now as it grows out, we are back to the mid 90s where I am working at 4000 feet in the high desert.