Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Killjoys

JimmyZip

Took this morning to steal away and put together a 10/22 for my daughters. I cut down the stock to the appropriate length of pull, floated the barrel, and refinished the stock blonde. I mounted the scope being careful about the eye relief. And buffed it out so that it looked presentable. Quick dry catalized varnish made this possible in about 2hrs. I gouged and sanded the barrel groove, then made a 1/16 shim out of some yellow cedar so that the action is solid without the front barrel clamp.

Feeling good about it on the way home, the spouse calls, and without saying hello, says " What you should be doing is building them those doll beds they want."

:angry2::angry2::angry2:

Edited by JimmyZip

Jimmy,

What were you thinking.

The correct answer is "yes dear".

I spent many hours trying to get an old 9mm going for my daughter to use in NRA AP. We had parts flying in from all over the World (thanks Bruce Piatt and Grant J) for this beasty and we finally get it going and she prefers my spare 38Super "it kicks less". Damned if she don't shoot it better anyways. At the end of all this fuss, I get "have you cleared the last of the firewood yet?".

NO!!! I quietly say under my breath, "right away dear" is somewhat louder.

Please tell me your response was 'What you SHOULD be doing is cooking dinner and not calling me about this' :devil:

Ah :closedeyes: ...you wonder about why the divorce :wacko:

Trust me....little girls need doll houses too....it does not discount your work on the gun...but hey they are girls after all :)

Jim :)

Trust me....little girls need doll houses too....it does not discount your work on the gun...but hey they are girls after all :)

Jim :)

They probably do need doll houses...

Then they grow up and watch HGTV... and want you to play doll house for real. I used to like going to Home Depot or Lowe's. :(

Anyway...teach them the good stuff, and why. Guns and dolls...probably alright.

(Nice work on the 10-22!)

BTW, I'd cheat. Take them for ice cream after every shooting trip. :)

Do wives like ice cream too? Might bring some home... :wub: ...might not... :devil: