Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starting a new job tomorrow

CSEMARTIN

I start my new job tomorrow morning at 7am. After a few months of being unemployed, it'll be a nice change.

I resigned from my previous place of employment on 2/20, and my last day was 5/4/2009--thanks to an excellent contract attorney Mike Carmoney hooked me up with. It was worth EVERY PENNY. What a mess it was until he got involved!! A few phone calls to the bosses, and all of the sudden, the problems just disappeared. Thanks Mike! And thanks John!!

Good Riddance Medical Associates in Clinton, Iowa. Hello MDH in Macomb, Illinois--and PASA Park, Devil's Hole in Havana, Chillicothe, Springfield and the other clubs I will soon discover.

Now, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that our house will sell soon. I'm living in a hotel for a month until we close on our new house 8/31. My wife and kids will join me for the hotel living lifestyle on the 20th. 2 adults and three kids in a hotel room sounds like a great time. At least there is a pool!

Edit: negative comments about previoius employer removed.

Edited by CSEMARTIN

Congratulations! That is great news to hear. There are some very pretty farms around there and some great deer hunting too.

Thanks man!

I hear the deer are HUGE around these parts. In all sincerity, I think it's more likely that I'll hit one with my truck.

Congrats, Chris!........Just remember, I am who and what I am due to spending my formative college years at good ole WIU.. :wacko: ....I really don't know if you are well suited to being a leatherneck.....go slow, and take your time acclimating to having to live in Illinoise!

Thanks everyone. I survived my first day. I'm hoping this is the start of something great!

what does a surgeon do to stay sharp?

I constantly remind myself that I'm always one case away from a potential deposition.

Congrats, Chris!........Just remember, I am who and what I am due to spending my formative college years at good ole WIU.. :wacko: ....I really don't know if you are well suited to being a leatherneck.....go slow, and take your time acclimating to having to live in Illinoise!

The really nice thing is my wife and I both love college towns. And it's also nice that 20,000 students leave in the summer and over Christmas break!! I'm not sure if I'm suited to being a leatherneck either, but we'll see. Fortunately, I was born and raised in Illinois--most of it in rural Illinois so I know how these small towns are.

Hey......I forgot to add, if you're looking for a good lock, buy a schlage! ( http://www.schlage.com/ ). Here's why?

I left my social security card in the safe which is locked in my gun room. I also forgot to leave the spare key so my wife could get into my man room just in case. Well, I showed up at Human Resources this morning to fill out a bunch of paperwork (enrollment forms, tax forms, etc.) and discover I needed my social security card. My wife called a locksmith this morning, and he couldn't get the door open. My wife called a second locksmith, and after an hour, he gave up.

When we close on our new house at the end of the month, I think I'll replace the locks with schlages!