Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Elevation won't hold

Seth

My C-more elevation set screw keeps loosening and won't hold zero. I've tried pipe tape on it to no avail.

C-more says no loctite, but I was thinking blue would do it???? Or is it time for a new body?

The set screw is what's coming loose.

Screw it (pun intended)....put a drop of blue loctite on it and call it good! If you can get some Loctite primer (think it's a number like 7629) that seems to help cure it faster and prep the surface. R,

• 3 years later...

Has there been anymore input on this topic? I am having the same issue and the Loctite didn't work. has anyone tried increasing the size of the set screw and re-tapping the body of the sight?

I would NOT change the size of the set screw. Call CMore and tell them what your issue is. Maybe ask for a replacement lock screw and then if that fails send it to them for testing and maintenance.

You might as well forget calling cmore, I have a issue with the windage screw, the one with the nut that had two slits on it, we'll to make a long story short, it needs to be replaced ( windage screw and nut ) 34.95 for screw 12.95 shipping back to me.....WTF ??? Oh and they told me I had to send it to them and they would not send me the screw. So after its all said and done with one screw will cost 50.00 WTF ??? I can't believe they don't care about there customers any more than that, I can not wait for the day someone else makes a red dot for this game.

I have used blue Loctite on one of my C-Mores with good results. I backed the set screw out and put blue loctite on it and let it dry before tightening it. The Loctite icreased the diameter slightly and it has held zero since doing this. If you have trouble with the windage lock screw try putting a very small lockwasher between the scope body and screw head. It will lock the windage adjustment in place without bottomong out the lock screw. They seem to hold when you keep them from bottoming out because the threads higher in the body are not stripped. Hope this helps.

Edited by Jaxshooter

I have used blue Loctite on one of my C-Mores with good results. I backed the set screw out and put blue loctite on it and let it dry before tightening it. The Loctite icreased the diameter slightly and it has held zero since doing this. If you have trouble with the windage lock screw try putting a very small lockwasher between the scope body and screw head. It will lock the windage adjustment in place without bottomong out the lock screw. They seem to hold when you keep them from bottoming out because the threads higher in the body are not stripped. Hope this helps.

My problem is the previous owner striped out the little Allen on the split nut side in the middle, just wollered it all out, so when u turn the other end with the flat head screw driver e very thing turns, it's all messed up, need to be replaced, but not for 50.00

I have the same problem with my Cmore,its the Elevation adjustment in my case, after 400-500 rnds you can see literally the elevation adjustment screw has moved.

I tried the nail polish remedy ( color pink, just kidding), its not permanent thing and can be easily wash out with acetone. ,Now its holding zero up to 1k, before I rechecked or rezero.

Take the C-more off look at the bottom and see if the frame is cracked, if it is nothing will hold it. They crack when you over tighten the lock screw, or so they say. Sounds like it is cheaper to send it to C-more for repair than buy a screw.

They have been good to me, I send one in, and get a new one back, for $150. Last one I sent had a bad lens, the reheostat was bad, the diode was bad, and the frame was cracked. What was good, nothing!

Edited by CocoBolo