Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

F1 Racing

Jman

Read today that he'll sub for Massa until (if) he comes back. How cool is this? Dr's mentioned that his eye injury is expected to heal fine. I don't think Micheal can help the Ferrari engineering team but it ain't going to hurt either.

you can bet i'll be watching again! this guy was truely one of a kind. was a shame he and senna only had a few years to compete against each other...and not with comparable rides. gonna be great for the tifosi regardless of the outcome.

Michael does at the presant time have a neck injury. His replacing Massa is still speculation. OFFICIALLY Ferarri has NOT named a replacement driver. The rummer mill is running wild with this story though. and I would love to see him drive again. I think I will wail till the next race and see who is sitting in the car for qualification. Remember they have the option of changing drivers between friday practice and sat qualifing.

His replacing Massa is still speculation. OFFICIALLY Ferarri has NOT named a replacement driver.

Ferrari HAS announced that MS will be replacing Massa. Okay, he still has to get the superlicense, but that is just a formality. No FIA official is going to deny that, this is dream situation for them from a marketing and financial point of view.

Ferrari said the 40-year-old will stand in for as long as Massa is sidelined by the serious head injuries he sustained in Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying.

<snip>

"This afternoon I met with team principal Stefano Domenicali and Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe. "As the competitor I am, I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."

<snip>

"Ferrari intends to entrust Michael Schumacher with Felipe Massa's car for as long as the Brazilian driver is not able to race," read a team statement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/8172310.stm

Ferrari announced on Wednesday that they plan to draft in Michael Schumacher to replace the injured Felipe Massa at forthcoming Grands Prix, until the Brazilian is able to race again.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/7/9703.html

Like all you others, the next race is one I wont miss!

Edited by Cardinal

• 2 weeks later...
Michael does at the presant time have a neck injury. His replacing Massa is still speculation. OFFICIALLY Ferarri has NOT named a replacement driver. The rummer mill is running wild with this story though. and I would love to see him drive again. I think I will wail till the next race and see who is sitting in the car for qualification. Remember they have the option of changing drivers between friday practice and sat qualifing.

It made for great headlines. With Luca Badoer it will most likely work out better. He has been the test driver for many years. Also if you follow F1 very hard you will learn that what Ferrarri says and does are two diffrent things. Well not only Ferrari but all of them. Of course this may be a ploy to get the press off MS so he can test without all of press coverage and may still end up in the car.

Could also be just the opposite.... Ferrari and Micheal knew that he was unlike to be able to drive, but the whole "Micheal's Back" press was just too good to pass up. I just wish F1 would come back to the States.... we have so many good tracks.... can you imagine F1 at Watkins Glen, the high banks of Daytona, the huge track at Pocono?

F1 at Watkins Glen!!!

Count me in, one of the best tracks ever.

The nancy boys that run F1 would never stand for it.

Not enough run off? We can fix that!

Not enough soggy barriers? We can fix that!

Not enough money for Bernie and Max? Fornicate elsewhere!

Really F1 back in the US would be brilliant. Not just on Watkins Glen or the others you mentioned.

Shame no Michael, but it was just a publicity stunt? I think so.

My Dad just loves F1 and he said straight off no chance Schumaker will run, especially after that motor cycle crash earlier this year. I thought he was being a grumpy old fart, looks like he was right, again!!

bad news out of mugello-michael has decided he will not race. neck injury not healed and can't sustain the g-forces in an F1 car right now.

Sheeite :angry: , I was really looking forward to his return. Just goes to show how dangerous scooters can be.........