Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G-19/23 Magazine floor plate

Beans

I have a G-19 and a G-23.

Does anyone make a Magazine Floor plate in any colors besides black?

I have a bunch of magazines for both and would like to change the color of the magazine floor plates for instant caliber recognition.

Hello: You could paint them with car interior paint. Glock make some in blue and orange. What I do is paint the side of the mag where it tells you the caliber either 9mm or 40. I use brush on model paint for that. Dayglow green for 9mm and orange for 40. It also helps ID your mags at a match if you have to loan some out. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Glock manufactures blue and orange base pads that can be found for a few bucks each, or like mentioned above, you can paint them yourself. I sprayed Krylon on to my basepads (removing them from the gun first) and have not had a single issue from it.

Years ago, or so I've been told, a police department that wanted to differentiate their practice mags from their duty mags said to Glock, "Can you make your magazines some color other than black?" Glock said, "Sure," and did a special run. I'm probably the only person you know who has a creamsicle orange, non-drop-free, 17-round, fully functional, factory Glock 9mm magazine. (grin) Ah, exclusivity is its own reward....

Glock manufactures blue and orange base pads that can be found for a few bucks each, or like mentioned above, you can paint them yourself. I sprayed Krylon on to my basepads (removing them from the gun first) and have not had a single issue from it.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will try the Krylon paint first.

Edited by Beans

Duane: I think you answered one of the questions I asked a while back about Glock orange followers I have for 40 LE mags. I have 2 of these followers and with the Arredodndo +5 base pads they hold a reloadable 22 rounds. Thanks, Eric

I'm probably the only person you know who has a creamsicle orange, non-drop-free, 17-round, fully functional, factory Glock 9mm magazine. (grin) Ah, exclusivity is its own reward....

There are a number of oranges ones about. (I think they gave them out at GSSF matches?)

Got one in 10mm ? :P

I'm probably the only person you know who has a creamsicle orange, non-drop-free, 17-round, fully functional, factory Glock 9mm magazine. (grin) Ah, exclusivity is its own reward....

There are a number of oranges ones about. (I think they gave them out at GSSF matches?)

Got one in 10mm ? :P

Duane, Flex has got you there. If the 9mm are cool, a 10mm is WAY cool :roflol: