Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no 5" barrels allowed in Revolver Divisions?

Ontarget

I heard it was to keep the USPSA shooters who favor 5" revo's from taking all the spoils :ph34r: .

Not a helpful post at all.

From the forum guidelines:

Politics

Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.

Specifically including (but not limited to):

•USPSA vs IPSC

•IPSC vs IDPA

•STI vs SVI

•Limited 10 vs Limited Division

•This Division vs That Division

•This Government vs That Government

•Gun Control Issues

One chould note that a 5" semi-auto barrel includes the chamber. On a revolver a 5" barrel does not. If you compare a 5" semi-auto and 4" revolver, they have about the same length chamber + barrel. Or in other words, they are roughly the same physical size. So no 5" revolvers makes sense in that regard.

kr

If you compare a 5" semi-auto and 4" revolver, they have about the same length chamber + barrel. Or in other words, they are roughly the same physical size.

Very roughly. Just be glad that a revolver does not have to fit The Box. A 3" K frame would be about the biggest that would pass.

Since I have already had to delete numerous comments and posts from this thread that have ranged from the classic "skills you learn in IDPA will get you killed" all the way up to bitching about years-old rule changes, I'm going to go ahead and lock this one down.