Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Echo's

benos

Oh yeah, that's the ticket, V-8 power, garage-built chassis and suspension, a small, single front disc and one-piston caliper, and a weather-hardened front tire from the early 1980s. This must have been made by the evil John Britten in a parallel universe.

Meanwhile, one of the aforementioned fashion lemming retards yesterday went straight from a left turn lane into the path of my 3700 pound truck as I was doing my best to avoid an even larger van trying to merge from the right. After much braking and laying on the horn, he gets up to the red light at the next intersection, rolls backward down the hill to face traffic in the incoming lane so he can be next to my window, and repeatedly asks, "What's the matter?" The matter is, if you want to split lanes and go straight from the left turn lane, use a turn signal to give me a clue as to your hare-brained intentions. If it's too uncool to signal, at least twist the right grip more than 1/4 turn when the light turns green. I know your Malibu Barbie motorcycle is dressed-up, ancient, low-tech, low-performance agricultural machinery, but it still has a better power-to-weight ratio than most four-wheelers and will out-accelerate them for a few hundred yards.

Wild ride indeed. See that rear tire from a car? Good for going straight. Not good for initiating a turn and holding a line.

Still, I can't help but admiring the ingenuity of the front end, and, to a lesser extent, the rear. (Is that the footpeg on the swingarm?)