Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tampa, Florida (USPSA/IPSC Locations)

I am moving to the Tampa area the second week of August for permanent relocation. I have never shot USPSA/IPSC or anything like it at a public range and I have been trying my hardest to get out and shoot. I am determined to find a club in Tampa to shoot with, I am just confused on how to join one. Most seem to be closed groups that need a sponsor to sign you in, or maybe I am misunderstanding it. At least from the list I pulled off the USPSA website.

Anyone here shoot in the Tampa area? I am guessing what I need to do is call these clubs up and speak with someone about how they handle new members.

I do know the Police museum over by NASA has tactical/practical indoor shooting every Friday at 7pm if I remember correctly. They seemed like a great group of guys when I shot at their range a few months ago. Driving an hour or 2 toward central Florida on a weekend does not bother me. I currently drive an hour and half to my Uncle's house so I can shoot on his property, which is as close to any movement shooting I have done outside of classes.

--Scott

P.S. I have learned a ton on this forum just by reading and searching old threads. :cheers:

You are going to like it. We have matches everyday with exception of Monday and Wednesdays. Tuesday five stages, Friday fun shoot with three stages, Saturday you may have to drive a couple of hours and every other Sunday there is some sort of match going on. Check the link below.

Take care,

Sandro

Central FL section web site

You are going to like it. We have matches everyday with exception of Monday and Wednesdays. Tuesday five stages, Friday fun shoot with three stages, Saturday you may have to drive a couple of hours and every other Sunday there is some sort of match going on. Check the link below.

Take care,

Sandro

Central FL section web site

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I will hunt through the website tonight for information.

You also have Titusville who hosts USPSA on the First Saturday of the month, Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club that has USPSA on the second Saturday and 3 gun on the third Saturday and Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club in Orlando who hosts USPSA on the fourth Saturday and 3 Gun on the fifth Saturday! To top it of, if you're free on Sundays all the clubs also shoot IDPA!

Plenty of shooting in Florida year round!

Edited by Filishooter

Also check out the Hernando Sportsmans Club just south of Crystal River in Hernando County.

They have 2 gun (shotgun/pistol) every 4th saturday. Action Rifle or 3 gun every 2nd saturday and He-man 3-gun in the months with a 5th sunday.

They also shoot IDPA.

Soon or later you are going to come to Ft. Lauderdale / Miami area. If you do, plan to stop by our club. USPSA handgun matches every Thursdays 7 PM and 1st Sundays morning. Rifle / shotgun matches every 2nd Tuesdays 7 PM. At the same location another club holds handgun matches every 2nd Sundays and finally we have a Steel Challenge every 4th Sundays morning.

www.sfpc.org

P.S. New shooters are welcome and encouraged to shoot whether or not they are going to join the club. We have around 60 / 65 shooters every Thursday nights

Edited by FLL1911

You also have Titusville who hosts USPSA on the First Saturday of the month, Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club that has USPSA on the second Saturday and 3 gun on the third Saturday and Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club in Orlando who hosts USPSA on the fourth Saturday and 3 Gun on the fifth Saturday! To top it of, if you're free on Sundays all the clubs also shoot IDPA!

Plenty of shooting in Florida year round!

FYI I am the 3-Gun Match Director for the Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club match in Palm Bay. If anyone has any questions let me know. http://www.pmrpc3gun.com

In case you didn't notice I am not a web designer. :)

Also check out the Hernando Sportsmans Club just south of Crystal River in Hernando County.

They have 2 gun (shotgun/pistol) every 4th saturday. Action Rifle or 3 gun every 2nd saturday and He-man 3-gun in the months with a 5th sunday.

They also shoot IDPA.

A Steel match has also been added the second saturday each month as well. Run with similar rules to steel challenge.

visit http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com for directions and schedule calendar of other activities

Edited by mpeltier

AWESOME!!

Thanks for the replies all. I am incredibly excited for this move and cant wait to get out and shoot as much as possible. I hope I can get my father to come out as well, he is just now starting to go full bore into hand gun shooting now that I bought him one.

• 3 months later...

Bump this back up.

Now that I have finally settled in, any recommendations on a good day to come out and watch/get a feel for everything. I live in Lithia, so St. Pete is not to bad of a drive for me. I think the Tampa Bay Suncoast Pistol Club is right down the street from me. But I am not finding an address.

Wyoming Antelope club on either Tuesday or Friday night, 4th Sunday and Steel on 3rd Saturday. Great group of locals to help you out and a nice place to learn the ropes.

http://www.antelopeclub.org/directions.htm

(I think you'd want to click on the "green" marker, not the "red" one like the directions say).

Thank you for the information. I guess Tuesday I will make my way out there to start learning.