Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Watch this slow motion video and see if you can see what is wrong

PistolPete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU3jceN4JAc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyUxmrs9iTU&NR=1

Where is the crying icon when I need it? Not sure I can exactly tell what Sevigny does different than I from this. :bow:

The reason I'm obsessing over this is that I believe this is something that is so important to get me to the next level. I'm a mid B shooter and if I can get my gun to stabilize like that- I'm sure my shot calling will be better.

Thanks...

Dave,

you need to find what works best for you. Try doing Bill drills with different grip pressures, different grips and stances. Don't muscle the gun, the more you try to force it back, the less likely it will.

Sweet vids Pete..

What are you using for a camera?

Hi Jay,

thanks for the card after the Burkett Class. The camcorder is a Sony-HDR-CX100 camcorder that will do slow-mo in 3 second recordings. The camera belongs to Dave S. from the class but it's a great tool for sure.

Your welcome, I am glad everything is "good to go" now.

Just googled the camera... nice specs.

Dave,

you need to find what works best for you. Try doing Bill drills with different grip pressures, different grips and stances. Don't muscle the gun, the more you try to force it back, the less likely it will.

Worse thing is.... we did a bunch of this and timing drills at the Burkett class.... I thought it was where I wanted it.

What you think you need and what you really need may be two different things :unsure:

I know... exactly what I mean... but what puzzles me is how we "discovered" this almost by accident! I'm going crazy because I'm not sure when I can set things up to reshoot these vids with different techniques. Funny thing is I was at another practice last night... lots of fast shooting with drop turners, etc, and my shots/times were great. The equation is just huge. I've always believed you have to get the fundamentals down just perfect! I can't wait to test more.... I'm hoping that this was just and odd day for me... and everything works just fine. LOL!

Edited by lugnut

I've always believed you have to get the fundamentals down just perfect!

Y'know, I'm not convinced that's true, at not least not in the sense that you need to consciously intellect out the fundamentals. I'm convinced that, once you reach a certain skill level, and assuming your vision in open enough, that your subconscious mind can figure out this whole "technique" thing simply by watching the sights, what they do in recoil. The sights didn't perform the way you wanted this time, your subconscious mind can figure that out, not do whatever you were doing that time that caused the problem. The sights did perform the way you wanted another time, fine, in the future the subconscious mind will do whatever happened that time to make it happen again.

At this point, of course, the conscious mind wants to jump in and "figure out what just happened." In the course of which it totally short circuits a process that was working just fine without its input, thank-you-very-much.

Thanks so much for everyone's feedback- it's valuable information for sure! I'm ready to move forward and shoot Alpha's! Key for me is to always be open to trying new things. Regardless of the videos- I can see where I can make more improvements. Thanks again for you time and efforts- this forum and its members are top notch! It's one of the reasons I love this sport so much!