Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Highly Recommend Psi, Inc.

Nick Weidhaas

I first want to say that I have no interest in PSI, Inc. and have nothing to gain by the statement below.

I recently brought Steve Broom of PSI, Inc. to my home club for a 2 day pistol course. The students were all law enforcement and NOT active IDPA shooters. We were looking to enhance our pistol skills and start shooting IDPA. Steve came out this past weekend and gaves us a great course. I'm a police firearms instructor and have taken quite a few LE firearms courses as well as Jerry Barnhart's IPSC course years ago. I'd put Steve's instruction up there with the best of them. He has a good personality. He is in no way condescending or arrogant. His instructional format is well thought out, clear and concise. Even after only 2 days, all students showed marked improvement. He tells you exactly what you will have to do to improve and provides you with drills to practice all the fundementals. His method cuts the fat from your technique. You will learn how an efficient technique, shooting relaxed and with confidence is the key.

I've been to firearms training courses that I would NOT recommend. I'm pretty critical. I have no problem recommending Steve and PSI, Inc. Please feel free to email me if you have any specific questions.

Sincerely,

Nick Weidhaas

SMONEY,

I thought your reply to my post pretty rude. If you took the time to read my post you would have seen that I indicated we wanted to start shooting IDPA. I also said we were not active IDPA shooters. This does not mean that there were none in the class, as a few of us have shot a few IDPA matches. The reason I posted it in the IDPA forum was to let other IDPA shooters know that Steve is a good resource. You know that old saying, "when you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".........think about it.

Nick Weidhaas

Nick,

Thanks for the compliments and we are very glad you enjoyed the course. This class was a good example to me of some excellent shooters that need to be and soon will be involved in IDPA. The skill level in this sport is on a serious rise and here are a few more to add to that pot. It was also an example of the relevance of many IDPA techniques to that of individuals who carry and use their guns professionally in law enforcement. The same high performance techniques needed to win in IDPA can also save lives when applied and executed properly. Good luck, hope to see you all at the range !!

Steve Broom

PSI, Inc.

http://www.psishooting.com

Nick, I'm sorry you were offended.

and if you notice the bottom of the post I did have something good to say.

Steve Broom, welcome to the forum. It's great to see the caliber of shooters on the boards rising it definitely helps shooters improve having those who have been there to bounce idea's off of.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Steve Broom and I recently traded some emails and he explained that he is no longer afiliated with retail part of PSI, Inc. He is only doing training. As I under stand it, Steve had a partner and things did not work out. Steve is still available for training. I know Chico1911 had a problem with PSI regarding a retail sale, but please don't let the sway you from using Steve for training. My experience with him was very positive.

Nick-

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that PSI is out of Kansas but has no home range for training. Im interested in going perhaps if you have some kind of schedule of where your training. Somewhere in Indiana, KY, or Ill would be great.

To Nick and Everyone,

I understand that Steve may not be afiliated with "the retail part of PSI".

However, he was while I made my purchases, he took my money and yet would not make good. He may be the greatest trainer in the world (I doubt it), but what kind of person are you if your word is worth nothing?