Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EZ Loader Instructions

eringobragh

Your wish is my command :D

EZ_Loader_Install.png

Unfortunately, these instructions are a bit "spartan", but you will get the idea. One additional suggestion: A common problem after installing an EZ Loader is that the bolt will not reliably lock open on an empty mag. This is due to the inertia of the EZ Loader tripping the carrier release (this video shows how much the EZ Loader jumps about in recoil). There are two common fixes: (1) shorten the EZ Loader so as to reduce it's moment of inertia, or (2) fine-tune the carrier release on the EZ Loader by filing down the fitting pad until it only trips in the last ~1/8" of EZ Loader travel. I favor the latter approach.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I would also suggest that you use a factory pivot pin (nail) as the split pin that comes with the easy loader seems to be a week spot and can be prone to breakage. I've installed several, the last one about a year ago, and it still came with the split pin. I had two split pins break after only a few hundred rounds. Remington sells the original cheap, and is well worth using.

Good luck on the installation.

I would also suggest that you use a factory pivot pin (nail) as the split pin that comes with the easy loader seems to be a week spot and can be prone to breakage. I've installed several, the last one about a year ago, and it still came with the split pin. I had two split pins break after only a few hundred rounds. Remington sells the original cheap, and is well worth using.

Absolutely, use a solid pin if you can.

Whew! I have it fitted to the carrier now...no binding, it moves real nice and smooth.

I was indeed able to reuse the original Rem pin.

I'm taking a little lunch break before I get back to it...

Then it just needs to be timed and that part scares me!

Good advice - I forgot about that one. I use a 1/16" spring pin, but I insert a piece of music wire inside it to prevent breakage. This approach has made the spring pin last indefinitely.

Uuuggg! Right now when hand cycling the action it locks open on every shell!

It usually will when hand cycled anyway.

I have shortened EZ Loaders on 2 Remies. I'm having an occassional problem, especially when using heavy loads (like buckshot). It seems the bounce during recoil will cause the EZ to jump up enough to unlock the carrier, which then bounces up a little and can intercept the next shell coming out of the magazine. Since nothing is fed from the mag tube, the bolt also locks back. This has happened in matches and is maddening. I may need to shorten the EZ even more to lighten it up. Maybe drilling some holes would do the trick. I may try filing down the fitting pad too.

If the need should arise, can anyone provide contact info for some folks that can fine tune these damn things?

To those who have sent off to have EZ Loader work, do they usually require the whole firearm (makes the most sense) or just the trigger/carrier group?

If the need should arise, can anyone provide contact info for some folks that can fine tune these damn things?

To those who have sent off to have EZ Loader work, do they usually require the whole firearm (makes the most sense) or just the trigger/carrier group?

I had Dave himself install mine. He only asked for the FCG but I sent the whole receiver (I don't know how to get the FCG out :unsure: ). I do have the problem of it not locking back when empty but otherwise works perfectly.

Anyone have good pictures and/or wants to walk a virgin through how/what to file?

Edited by grywlfbg