Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leather Concealed Carry Holsters

I bought a new Kimber as a concealed carry pistol. It's the ProCarry II model which is all alloy 4" 1911 in 45 ACP.

I wanted to find a good strong side leather holster made just for the 4"... (IMO using a holster made for a 3" or 5" is just plan tacky)

The one I found is the model 2145 from Kirkpatrick Holster Co. At $65 (plus S & H) this is a VERY well made holster. The turn around time was 6 weeks and the holster fits my gun like a glove. It's double sewn in all the critical places.

Most of the other company's were quoting as long a wait as 12 weeks (because of the national surge in concealed carry licenses being issued) and prices for a high end cow hide holster like this were generally $90 - $125 and more from other suppliers like Milt Sparks, Galco, Don Hume etc.

This is a family operated company head quartered in Laredo, TX..... that delivers a handmade product exactly as advertised and when they promised with no delays or back orders. I suggest that they should be considered if you are looking for leathergoods.

Thanks for the info. I have been using a Milt Sparks for about 6yrs now and although it is still holding up nicely it would be nice to have a backup. If it does go down I don't think I can wait the 4 months for another. With concealed carry holsters get em before you need em. I actually ordered the Milt

Sparks holster for my carry gun before I even bought the gun. Guess you gotta know what you want.

AL

Your comments are why I posted this thread. I have a couple Sparks holsters... and to be honest I don't believe they are any better made than this unit from Kirkpatrick for $65.

I also saw on the 1911 forum that Sparks is now quoting a 6 month wait for holsters--- but in reality they are shipping them in 9 months.

I think that's just marketing hype to justify their very high prices. Check out the Kirkpatrick www site.

Edited by MichiganShootist

I have Sparks, HBE,and a bunch of others.

I started using CABO (Carry a Big One) for my carry revolvers. He recently started making a CABO for the 1911 and I bought one. I set my VM2 aside and have been carrying the .38 Super Commander in the CABO.

I did have to wait.....almost a week to get it.

Dave

The one I found is the model 2145 from Kirkpatrick Holster Co. At $65 (plus S & H) this is a VERY well made holster.

I also had a great experience with Kirkpatrick. I highly recommend them as well.

Sparks has been at 6 months wait time for years (although usually quoting 4 or 5 months). Their stocking dealers generally have stuff ready to ship for most common handguns. I'm pretty sure there is so much of a wait if you go direct is that they are filling the stocking dealer orders first.

I have a Kramer strong side belt made of horsehide for my m&p 9c which I have carried 8+ hours a day for over a year. Has been the best holster I have ever owned. Supremely comfortable and very well made. (No, they arent cheap but I got this free with a certificate won at a match).

Another happy Kirkpatrick customer.

I've bought two belt/holster/magpouch(es) rigs from them, the most recent being for my Kimber Ultra CDP II.

The Kimber with the Kirkpatrick leather is currently my daily carry rig and my competition rig.

Put me firmly down in the Milt Sparks camp --- and in the Executive's Companion II camp specifically. It's a spectacularly comfortable holster.....

I've also used holsters from Don Hume (Excellent, not as comfortable as the Ex. Comp, really affordable), Mitch Rosen (out of this world beautiful workmanship, Expensive), Bianchi (Unique design) and Galco (who hasn't owned a Miami classic shoulder rig at some point? :D :D )

who hasn't owned a Miami classic shoulder rig at some point?

Hey-- Watch It-----I love to wear my Miami Classic with a high polished stainless 1911 on board. It goes especially well with a pair of white slacks, a powder blue sport coat, and a pair of loafers with no socks :roflol:

Edited by MichiganShootist

Milt Sparks just delivered another holster for me in 5 months. It's a carry holster for a 3 inch S&W 625. I think it's priced fairly for the workmanship and quality of leather. 85 bucks. Hand made to order in the USA is never going to be cheap. However have seen several Kirkpatricks and they look to be well made too. Well worth checking out.

Boats

Edited by Boats