Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else seen this?

OK, I know I am too old for video games, but this one is a blast. They have it at the local movie theatre and it is a true action shooting game, not some Rambo thing. There are robot head targets, amoebas, steel, swingers, partials, no-shoots the whole nine yards.

The gun looks like it is a clear plastic molding of an STI with some Huge (circa 1993) Gilmore red dot on it. The dot is just a fibre optic "pointed" at you, but if you mount the gun consistently it works alright. STI's name is plastered all over the menu, but the rest of it looks like Japanese anime.

There is no movement, so all the courses are speed shoots, but there are four different guns (capacity being the only real difference), 8 stages per match, and three different "disciplines"; speed, accuracy and judgement. That makes for roughly 100 different stages!!

You start low ready, and there is a beep. Most strings can be completed without a reload (if you shoot clean).

On the down side, you shoot only one shot per paper, and the "shooter" character in the preview cinema sequences doesn't have eye protection on, and has her finger on the trigger the whole time. Also, you cannot make up hits in hard cover, the target "shuts off" as soon as any hit scores, including a mike in the black.

All the stages are comstock, with a very generous par time. But if shooters in your area discover it, the top scores get tough to beat pretty quickly.

It's a riot!!

I've been stuck in Bolivia for two months, but when I get home, it will be on the list of fun things to do when I run out of daylight to shoot live ammo.

How cool does this game look? One of the pictures shows the shooter doing a reload with an STI Grandmaster w/ a C-more.

I'm going to contact the company and find out when they're going to release a version for PS2, Game Cube or X-Box. I'll report back. B)

Rich

oh yeah! There is an STI Edge, a Trojan, a GM and a S&W Wheel gun. It shows that gun when you do the reload. The Wheelgun reload rivals Jerry, but the auto's are slower than a real GM.

Just for IPSC weenie minutia, it would be great if they instaled a little button where the mag release is, and the gun would reload when you hit that.

I wish each game had two DIFFERENT guns so iron site shooters could get practice too. Throw an Edge up there next to the Competitor.

It would also be cool if you could shoot two (or more) at paper.

The only other thing I could think of would be a peddle (like in Time Crisis II) where the shooter moves through the scene when you step on it. Then you could have field courses!

I know, I'm a geek. :rolleyes:

Damn that game is fun though. I dragged three different shooting buddies to it. It's not all raw speed either. On steel it is, and how, but the paper you have to go nearly as fast and *gasp* hit A's. There is no second shot so a "C" hurts twice as much. It's like shooting minor.

I put DVC in for initials when I post up a good one, so other shooters in the area will know it wasn't some nintendo weened 12 year old that whooped them.

I think every gun shop should have one of these, right next to a thick stack of USPSA brochures and other promo material.

My 10 year old son smoked me on it. My gun was not sighted it ... it shot about 2 feet (based on target size) high right. It was too far off for me to use "Kentucky Windage" and even get close. It would have been a blast with proper dot alignment.

Leo

I was one of the shooters that Eric "dirtypool" brought to the game, and it was quite fun. I agree with his critiques, especially regarding the reload. I think it teaches bad gun handling skills to learn to pull the trigger for a reload!!

I looked around and found the same machine at a local video game arcade – Rocky’s Replay on 436 in Casselberry, FL (just north of Orlando).

PLEASE post what you find regarding an X-box, etc, version of the game. AND a PC version would be great as well. Also, where to find the "STI" type controller for the game. If I owned a controller for personal use like the game has attached to it, I would saw off the huge, ugly tube style dot and mount either iron sights or one of those inexpensive red dots for BB guns and .22’s.

• 1 month later...

Wow, just shot this yesterday at the local Ci Ci's pizza joint..... talk about addictive.... :P

Ths sight was hard to get used to at first, but I figured out after a few minutes that it was actually teaching me better index, or at least less flexible index, by not letting me move the gun around to much side to side

Now, if they could just simulate the recoil of a gun to make it more realistic (a.k.a. a F.A.T.S. system) , and make the mag change button active, we'd get somewhere.... :rolleyes:

Or better yet ... if I could make my REAL gun shoot like the arcade gun, THEN we'd really have something!!

:blink:

Wish it had an "IPSC" vs "Arcade" mode, where you could be scored 2 shots per paper instead of 1, and yes Iron sights would be nice on one of the guns.

In the meant time..... I know where all my spare change is going now! <_<

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a Playstation 2 or X BOX version of this game!