Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G20 light strikes

bikerburgess

I have a old G20 (first gen no finger grooves) that has started giving me a light strike problem. I have tried it with both the striker spring and with the new one that came with a wolf recoil spring. the stock and a 22lb recoil spring so it is staying loked up. I have tried removing the striker safety to rule that out. and checked for free floating of the striker in the tunnel (it will climk back and after pulling the trigger) I have looked at the tip of the striker and can see no damage there either. when I do the pencile down the barrel test it only goes jumps about a inch. so I am out of ideas everything looks like it should work but it only goes off about 60% of the time. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Was it used when you got it?

Best thing to do is get everything back to STOCK configuration and go from there.

Make sure:

- all springs (striker, trigger return) are stock.

- the trigger/bar assembly is stock and unaltered

- spring cups are clean and un-damaged.

- the striker is stock and isn't altered (ground down where it contacts the trigger bar).

Have you tried cleaning the hell out of your upper...and more notably the striker channel? Tear it down and give it a good scrub, use Q-Tips to clean the hard-to-reach areas.

This is an easy one. Come to Tri-County on Saturday for the GSSF match. We'll have a Glock armorer there and he will repair or replace any worn parts and can probably do a pretty good problem diagnosing the problem. He will probably also switch out your trigger bar to the new spec one that is a bit longer at the tail to increase striker travel. And best of all he'll do it for free. Send me a PM if you have any questions about it.

I have a old G20 (first gen no finger grooves) that has started giving me a light strike problem. I have tried it with both the striker spring and with the new one that came with a wolf recoil spring. the stock and a 22lb recoil spring so it is staying loked up. I have tried removing the striker safety to rule that out. and checked for free floating of the striker in the tunnel (it will climk back and after pulling the trigger) I have looked at the tip of the striker and can see no damage there either. when I do the pencile down the barrel test it only goes jumps about a inch. so I am out of ideas everything looks like it should work but it only goes off about 60% of the time. any help would be greatly appriciated.

I had the same problem with 2 different G20's. 1st gen adn 3rd gen. It only had problems with reloads, as factory rounds fired fine, and fed primers in reloads worked, but not glocks. I found out a couple of years ago, that Glock has made an updated trigger bar (I believe the part number may have a -1 on it, but can't remeber off hand). The contact area of the trigger bar which contacts the striker is slightly longer, and allows the strker to go back slightly farther, increasing the amount of sriker spring compression, giving it a stronger hit. It solved my problem. You should be either to buy one of these, or go to the aforementioned glock match, and see if the armorer has an updated one.

I went to the match Saturday morning and the armor was great he replaced the trigger assy, recoil spring assy and disconector in about 10 min I had my pistol back and was shooting the match. I couldent be happier with the service I got and the match was fun too.

Thanks chuck for getting me there