Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a good brake,

bigbrowndog

I'm looking for a good brake for a 300Win Mag, the original long case. Every time I pull the trigger there is enough recoil to take me off the target, so that seeing the impact is pretty near impossible.

I want one that will have very little downward gas dispersion, to minimize the dust cloud, I also would like one that would allow attachment of a suppressor, I know Surefire makes one but I don't care for the length, the barrel is already 26" long, I don't want 4-5 more inches of brake as well. does anyone have experience with the JET brake????? It appears to be short??

If all else fails, I may have to forget about trying to use it with a supressor.

Trapr

badger fte is what I have on most of my long range set ups, works great. I just got a 338 Norma with a APA fat bastard brake and that is just as effective but you feel it quite a bit more

JET brakes are fine, but good luck getting a can out of those guys...

SF Brakes dont add as much to the OAL as you would think. My 338 Lapua brake only adds about 3 inches but the whole thing is 6-7 inches long.

The FTE brake would work GREAT on the 300 winmag. I know you want to be able to put a suppressor on and the Surefire brake would be good also. I have a JET and also recently I bought an SAS brake. Both of these also work good.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a QUE Brake on my 300 WM. It's off the BOSS patent but a little bigger diameter. Click adjustable to tune your barrel to your favorite load. I have had one on mine since around '96.

I have two settings- one for my 150 gr NBT deer/antelope load and one for my 180gr Barnes X elk load. Both with make the rifle shoot .5 MOA.

Craig

Trapr,

A friend of mine is a Class III manufacturer and he makes a brake with suppressor attachment that I have been VERY happy with. I bought 1/2 a dozen or so of the brakes and even had him retrofit my SRT Shadow can to his brake. I also have one of his Pandora cans on Form IV now that I am waiting on the ATF to approve a stamp for. It outperforms the AAC, JET, SURE-FIRE, and OPS INC. cans. The brake is not a 3 spin attachment like the others mentioned, but I am in love with mine. I am going to use the 18oz. can on my .243, .308, and 7WSM rifles. I could not be more pleased with it.

I also have one of the JET brake/suppressor attachments and the Liberty unit is much better IMO. Here's a link to my YouTube video talking about the brake and retrofitted SRT can (which is .300WM rated)

If you don't have a can yet for your .300WM I am going to be selling this one when my Pandora gets here. It is currently "pending" with the BATFE.

Here's a link to the Pandora

http://www.libertycans.net/pandora.html

For what it's worth, David shot the Pandora at our Practical Marksman Challenge out of his .260 with full power loads and my shot timer would not pick up the report from 3' away. Needless to say, I'm getting rid of all my other centerfire cans when this one shows up. There's just something about that square hole that makes this thing insanely quiet.

I have seen and heard the Pandora Sysyem first hand and must say it is the most impressive in sound reduction that I have heard to date. Very light weight and the Pandora Brake as a stand alone is very efficient. I've got two Advanced Armament .308 cans that I thought were the heat until I heard the Pandora.

I want to contact David and see if he can retrofit my 762 SD for the Pandora Brake. I like the brake alot.

• 2 weeks later...