Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Northwest Challenge 2009 - “A Day at the Beach”

Team Northwest and the Custer Sportsmen's Club are delighted to announce...

Day-at-the-Beach.gif

(aka, "Custer's Sand Lasts")...

Come join us for 8 titillating, sun-baked stages, ~200 rounds, complimentary chrono, & 1½ days of rococo, pun-strewn lunacy in Team Northwest's inimitable idiom...

Plaques, trophies, and random prize drawings...

Entry fee only $60US ($30US for juniors). Entries limited to first 125 competitors... Download an entry form HERE...

If you would like to shoot the Fri 31 Jul Staff Match (main match is Sat a.m. - mid-day Sun, 01-02 Aug), gratis, for score & awards, please email the RM. CRO's and RO's will receive lunches and commemorative staff shirts. Current NROI certification required for CRO's, strongly preferred for RO's. We are still looking for a few volunteers...

For more information, visit the match website, or email the Match Director...

Edited by n2ipsc

• 3 weeks later...

Late entry fee has been waived, but, out of courtesy to our Stats/Registration/Administrivia crew...cut-off date for entries still applies.

This is going to be a great match! But don't take it from me - to quote a couple of renown BENOS denizens..."It was easily the best NW Section match that I've shot this year. The stages were challenging and fun, and it will be a real challenge to top it in August..." "Custer puts on matches at a level above and beyond any other club in the Section. Each match is like shooting an Area Championship (without the drive and hotel). If the NWC is anything like the match yesterday, it will be a blast..."

Hope to see you there..!

This is going to be a great match! But don't take it from me - to quote a couple of renown BENOS denizens..." "Custer puts on matches at a level above and beyond any other club in the Section. Each match is like shooting an Area Championship (without the drive and hotel). If the NWC is anything like the match yesterday, it will be a blast..."

My name is Zippy....and I approve of this message. :cheers:

This is going to be a great match! But don't take it from me - to quote a couple of renown BENOS denizens..." "Custer puts on matches at a level above and beyond any other club in the Section. Each match is like shooting an Area Championship (without the drive and hotel). If the NWC is anything like the match yesterday, it will be a blast..."

My name is Zippy....and I approve of this message. :cheers:

:roflol:

• 3 weeks later...

If you’ve not yet entered this year’s Northwest Section Championship…you should…you DON’T want to miss this year’s production!

The late entry fee has been waived, too. However, in deference to our Registration, Stats, nametags, awards, etc, etc, etc folk…there is still a deadline for getting your entry in…thanks for understanding.

Visit us at http://northwestsection.org/NWC09/ to get your entry form.

If you would like to shoot the Fri 31 Jul Staff Match (main match is Sat - mid-day Sun, 01-02 Aug), gratis, for score & awards, please email the Range Master. Full-time CRO's and RO's will receive lunches and commemorative staff shirts. We still have need of a few stage RO’s!

Eight stages in two days?! Let's not over exert ourselves! Any possible way to make this a one day match? I don't want to drive from Seattle to Custer twice and I don't want to get a hotel either.

Me thinks someone in charge has stock in the local hotels...

Eight stages in two days?! Let's not over exert ourselves! Any possible way to make this a one day match? I don't want to drive from Seattle to Custer twice and I don't want to get a hotel either.

Not my call - you'll have to email the Match Director...

Something to consider...a point made by one on my shooting buddies (Hi Matt!). The Nationals are coming soon and for those of us in the NW Section who are going to the Nationals; the Custer matches are on par with just about any level III match I've attended. The Northwest Challenge will make for a great Nationals Tune-Up. Shoot the NWC in August and the monthly Custer match in September and if you can survive that...you'll do just fine at the Nationals.

Edited by SteveZ

Quit your crying. I'm coming all the way up from Hillsboro! ;)

~Mitch

At the request, and on behalf, of Match Director Doug Williams...

A revised squad schedule and schedule of events have been posted to the match website.

We are going to kick off a bit later Sat morning (1100) in hopes folks can avoid a Fri night stay up this way. Sun will start at usual match time (1000).

Registration will be open Fri afternoon and Sat morning before the match starts.

We'll wrap up by ~1500 Sun so folks can get home timely.

See y'all there...

Correction: I'll be on stage 5 as our esteemed RM thought I'd have more fun there (or he is just being evil...one can never tell). Be sure and say howdy as you come through!

This one looks to be a real hoot folks so if you are on the fence about coming...get off the fence!

A word of warning to all of you....hopefully the repeated comical use of the word "beach" or "sand" hasn't been lost on you. See, the Custer range is located pretty close to the water (Strait of Juan de Fuca to be exact...which leads out to the open ocean). About a million years ago (sorry, I wasn't around back then to confirm this)....Custer WAS ocean beach (perhaps even under water). What do you find at the beach....why sand of course. So yes....many of the bays at Custer have sand around them....ok, I'll even go so far as to say IN THEM. So be prepared to get a workout.

Me? I'm lucky! I working the Jungle Run stage with RickB...where its nice and cool and the ground is pretty hard. The only thing we'll be fighting off is the mosquites (and hopefully that hornets next from last month isn't back again). I will say this....a pack of crazed hornets with YOUR name on their stingers will make you run REAL fast! :rolleyes:

Custer is the reason I bought mid high cleats, as if it will help. Yes, trudging through that sand was very exhausting, but they have one of the best facilities around and have excellent matches. I'm looking forward to this.

Ari

...hopefully the repeated comical use of the word "beach" or "sand" hasn't been lost on you... :rolleyes:

True Grit! We like to think of it as all of our visitors being able to take home a little piece of Custer with them when they leave... :P

• 2 weeks later...