Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Am So Damned Mad..................

Jeffro

Are you ready for an ass-kicking RAVE???? Ready or not, here it is:

Well, the A.C.L.U. and a "prominent" preacher and a few of the aldermen in the City of Saint Louis filed a lawsuit to stop the concealed carry from going into effect this Saturday. It was sent to a democrat/liberal judge who was appointed by the governor who vetoed the bill. It looks like he will issue a restraining order to stop it from taking effect until a full hearing. It will undoubtedly end up in the Missouri Court of Appeals and (you guessed it), most of the judges on our Court of Appeals were appointed by the same crap governor.

I am so damned mad I can't see straight. I am sick of the COURTS being used by the losers to change what the elected representatives have decided! The decision on the restraining order will come down tomorrow, but I am NOT optimistic.

Will keep you posted. I am just BURNING MAD (but NOT at YOU)!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffro (Jeff)

REDMERCURY2,

Interesting you would say that. I have been shopping for a "winter home" in Gilbert, Arizona for several months. Put a contract in on one a few months ago and it didn't work out, but I am currently "hot on the trail" of another very intereting prospect.

My buddy, Steve Baily (administrator on "Pistolsmith.com") has been very encourageing and helpful (Steve lives in Arizona also). He even went so far as to say he would be "PROUD to be seen" with me EVEN when I get my "whorehouse, cheap Mexican silver grips" for my carry Commander for which I have been searching!!!! Of course, talk is cheap, and it remains to be seen if he will want to REALLY be seen with me after he sees the grips for which I am searching!!!!!! :P:rolleyes:

Best regards,

Jeffro (Jeff)

....... see if you can add in reciprocal rights for visiting kiwi shooters :D

gm prod,

I will do my best for you!!!! Hope all is going well for you and the family. Let me know when you will be in St. Louis again!!!!

Best,

Jeffro (Jeff)

JEFFRO,go with mesa first,apache junction area as close proximity to rio salado range onupper ellsworth road.see azgunning.com for more info. at least 6 pistol matches a month $65/yr dues.,i usually use pistol bay 4,hope to see you soon.,doug B) he who wears out the most barrels wins. :D

This is going from bad to worse..........

Well, the hearing for the injunction went on as scheduled this morning, and the judge ruled for a temporary injunction blocking the concealed carry law which is supposed to go into effect tomorrow. The attorney general immediately filed an appeal with the Missouri Court of Appeals (almost all of THOSE judges were "hand picked" by our previous governor, Mel Carnahan, also a rabid anti-gunner (who died in a plane crash, but unfortunately not soon enough). You might remember Carnahan's widow, Jean Carnahan who was a 1 term senator, hand picked by our current governor to fill her deceased husband's senate position which he was voted into POSTHUMOUSLY (yes, you read it correctly). He died a few months BEFORE his election to the Senate, and they left his name on the ballot!!! He (posthumously) defeated JOHN ASHCROFT for the senate seat, after which Ashcroft was chosen by Bush to be U.S. Attorney General (small world, huh?). Well, the court of appeals upheld the injunction (what a surprise)!!

It is now headed for the Missouri supreme court. Do you care to venture a guess who picked virtually all of THOSE judges....... our current governor who vetoed the CCW bill and "Dead Mel Carnahan", who was as much a rabid anti-gunner as the current governor.

The attorney for the plaintiffs in this suit is the husband of the woman who headed the Missouri chapter of the Million Mom's March...... it just goes on and on....... I can only stand being "protected" by the State so much.......

More later........ I think I am going to go PUKE right now.......

Jeffro (Jeff)

Hoosier is something different in st louis

So what does "hoosier" mean in St. Louis?

If it were not so sad, the gyrations the Missouri RKBA and CCW advocates have had endure might be comical.

BUT . . . at least something is actually happening for you. Illinois will NEVER pass a shall-issue CCW law unless they are somehow forced to do so by the Feds (which ain't gonna happen). Ohio looks to be one of the "not any time soon" states.

Thanks for the comments. I will NOT let them run me out just because they are stupid. However, I may choose to "punish" the State of Missouri by making Arizona my "primary residence" (even though I will have domiciles in each state when I buy in Arizona soon). Being in the real estate business and appraisal business, I can declare my residence in either state, and pay taxes there. I would pull my state income tax from Missouri and pay it in Arizona!!!!! Let them suck on that one for a while!!!!!!!! :P:P:P

Hit them where it hurts AND stay perfectly legal. Pay my TAXES to a "gun-friendly" state. How do ya' like them apples??????

Jeffro (Jeff)

Jeffro wrote: "Pay my TAXES to a "gun-friendly" state. How do ya' like them apples??????"

I like 'em quite a bit! Now THAT'S using your noodle, Jeffro! No need to flee (completely); better to stay & fight. The MAJORITY of states are "shall issue". The USA has not reverted to "the wild wild west" & in fact, crime has gone down in the wake of the shall-issue revolution. While this looks to be a temporary defeat in MO, hopefully logic & common-sense gun laws (like nationwide CCW) will prevail if we all do our part. As for me? Besides e-mails to both senators in support of the junk lawsuit ban, I just arranged to take a few newbies to the range & also volunteered as an RO for the 1st time at the sectional. Keep up the good fight!

A buddy at work has the best ways of putting things; When we were trying to find a way to explain why to go into Iraq or keep working in Afghanistan I couldn't put it into words. He did with "What would you have done to prevent 9/11? OK, what would you do to prevent the next one?"

On this MO CCW thing; this is a case of a power shift, the courts are obviously easy to stock to suit an agenda, and now THEY are making the laws by deciding which ones really will go into effect. What ever happened to division of power, checks and balances and I don't know.....the legislative branch, well LEGISLATING?!?!

Someone needs to get a handle on this quiet insurrection, before APPOINTED special interest whores (can I say that?) are deciding ALL the laws.

Whew. I do feel better, thanks.

Just curious, what interest did the ACLU have in stopping the CCW law?

Chronic anal-cranial inversion would be my guess.

That's not a guess, it's a fact.

Between the ACLU and activist judges, we have a way for the liberals to get what they want through the courts. Even if the unwashed masses ( that would be us ) and the lawmakers agree that CCW is a good idea.

But remember, their hearts are in the right place . they are just trying to save us from ourselves, and it's for our own good, and the good of the children.

Wheres the clickable smilie for " I wan't to freakin VOMIT ! "

Travis F.

Jeffro wrote: "Pay my TAXES to a "gun-friendly" state. How do ya' like them apples??????"

I like 'em quite a bit! Now THAT'S using your noodle, Jeffro! No need to flee (completely); better to stay & fight.

CARLOS,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am currently negotiating on a place in Arizona, so it might happen much sooner than later!!!!!! Then I can be a "snowbird" between St. Louis and Arizona, but pay taxes in Arizona :PB) . I will keep you posted.

B) Jeffro (Jeff) B)

(and notice the sunglasses!!)

Between the ACLU and activist judges, we have a way for the liberals to get what they want through the courts...........  Travis F.

Travis,

I am afraid you hit it dead center on that one. The courts can't just pull something out of their backsides and say we decided to void this law. They need a "conduit" to file a lawsuit to give them an excuse to pick and choose what laws they want to go into effect for their "social engineering". That is where the A.C.L.U. comes into play. They pick up the cause because they say that poor people are more likely to die from handgun violence, therefore the A.C.L.U. is taking up the good fight for all the poor people of the State of Missouri!!!!!!!!!!!

The A.C.L.U. just lurks around looking for radical liberal causes to push through the courts. Like wanting to remove "......one nation, under God..........." from the Pledge of Alligience. I am Jewish, and my parents raised me Jewish, and when my class in public schools I attended would sing Christmas carols, my Papa told me that if I like the songs to sing along........... if I didn't, just move my lips!! He used to tell me that they have a right to sing Christmas carols if they want to, and I have the right to just move my lips and not sing aloud if I chose not to sing them, or sing them...... (but I loved singing them!!!!!) :P:P

Jeffro (Jeff)

The hearing before the "judge" that handed down the temporary restraining order against the Missouri CCW law (who said in his order, "Any 10 year old can see that this CCW law is contrary to the Missouri Constitution, but I will view it objectively") took place today. WHAT A SURPRISE..... he said he would take it under advisement, but not rule on it "for a while", so the temporary restraining order stays in effect. Regardless of how HE rules, it will be taken to the Missouri Supreme Court by the looser, and he knows that. He figures that the longer he drags his feet, the more he can postpone the possibility of it becoming law.

WHAT A SCREAMING BUTT-HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!

"That government governs best which governs the least." Was true then....... is true now.

Jeffro

Jeffro: and one of the 1st lessons in law school was "justice delayed is justice denied". You have inspired me to take on my bank & their anti-CCW window decal (Wachovia bank in Arlington, VA). Keep up the good fight.