Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fair Price on 9mm Cast Bullets

Tokarev

They look like the 122 gr fp Meister which I bought a while ago (was a great deal).

The only thing I did not like was you have to seat them deep. The grease grove is up pretty high.

They shot great.

Everyone's lookin for primers! Me too.

Hmm, how does that shape feed in a semi auto? Im thinking with my stiff spring on the CZ-75 the bullets gonna get smashed up pretty good?

I shoot nothing but 115 gr SWC's in my nines (Sig P228 and a Browning GP Comp) and they feed fine. I did have to polish the Browning a bit but that was all. The Sig is bone stock while the Browning has reduced weight slide and hammer springs.

I've shot 2k out of my Glock 34 with storm lake barrel, no problem. Lead smokes a lot, but that's lead, not these bullets. I ordered my 3k box last week.

For the CZ, I've found that the bullets need to be loaded shorter. These Meister TC bullets will be fine in the CZ.

I've shot 2k out of my Glock 34 with storm lake barrel, no problem. Lead smokes a lot, but that's lead, not these bullets. I ordered my 3k box last week.

For the CZ, I've found that the bullets need to be loaded shorter. These Meister TC bullets will be fine in the CZ.

Care to share your load data?

4.3 gr of Universal loaded to 1.065 OAL PF=137

4.1 gr Red Dot loaded to 1.065 OAL PF=133

I also used had some loads 3.8 of 231 loaded 1.055 never put them over a chrony

post-5753-1243785613_thumb.jpg I'm going to have to give this deal a thumbs down. I got my bullets yesterday, and they are definitely "seconds" that they are selling off.

The bullet on the left is one I bought a while back. Same brand, Meister bullet. It is far superior than the ones I received from Wideners. I'm pretty sure I'm sending them back.

Edited by pstew

I have loaded and shot about 5K rounds of Stonewall Bullets in three different calibers and they are even less expensive. BTW, I'm not associated with this outfit and they are probably softer than those at Wideners. Just a suggestion.

Stonewall Bullets

Were these fired out of a Glock? At this price I would like to try some if they are hard enough for a G17 or G37. Thanks.

post-5753-1243785613_thumb.jpg I'm going to have to give this deal a thumbs down. I got my bullets yesterday, and they are definitely "seconds" that they are selling off.

The bullet on the left is one I bought a while back. Same brand, Meister bullet. It is far superior than the ones I received from Wideners. I'm pretty sure I'm sending them back.

Looks like one or two have some sprew on the bottom.

How is the uniformity? Have you weighed any of them?

I already packed them up, so I don't know about the weight. You can clearly see the mold line, uneven bottoms and the incomplete fill out. They came in 2 1500 boxes, and I opened both to make sure they were the same quality as each other. (they were)

On the bright side, Wideners wrote back and said they are going to give me a full refund, including the return shipping. That's good customer service.

I already packed them up, so I don't know about the weight. You can clearly see the mold line, uneven bottoms and the incomplete fill out. They came in 2 1500 boxes, and I opened both to make sure they were the same quality as each other. (they were)

On the bright side, Wideners wrote back and said they are going to give me a full refund, including the return shipping. That's good customer service.

Well, sorry for the bad lead. I didn't know these were going to be 2nds or whatever.

Yes. Widener's is good to deal with. At least that has been my experience.

I have loaded and shot about 5K rounds of Stonewall Bullets in three different calibers and they are even less expensive. BTW, I'm not associated with this outfit and they are probably softer than those at Wideners. Just a suggestion.

Stonewall Bullets

Were these fired out of a Glock? At this price I would like to try some if they are hard enough for a G17 or G37. Thanks.

Some of those were .40S&W through a stock G22 barrel. I never had any noticeable leading with them, or in my other guns either. I really wanted to test how bad the leading would be through the stock barrel since some say it's fine and some report problems. When I ordered them I talked to the owner at Stonewall and he told me to expect heavier leading than with my other guns. However, I load them fairly light with Unique which doesn't burn as hot as many other powders. For now, it's load, shoot and repeat until I have a reason to switch.