Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

South Paw Questions.

Petrov

Im left handed and right eye dominant. When I shoot rifles I shoot left handed and aim with my left eye (weak eye). For pistols I shoot with my left eye (weak eye) buy my sights are always blurry along with the target hard to shoot like that. I can shoot with my right eye (dominant) but it feels ackward and I am not as accurate, but I can see sights much better along with the target. Should I keep shooting with my right eye untill i get comfortable with it? My left eye is much weaker than my right eye, managed to get a peice of porclean covered in acid in my eye when I was little.

So shoot with my left eye with poor vision but comfortable body position or learn to shoot with my good/dominant eye?

I am left handed and right eye dominant. I shoot pistols with my left hand and use my right eye for the sights. I would highly recommend this.

I shoot bows and long guns right handed and use my right eye. It works very well for me. I would not shoot left hand long guns and use the left eye. You should shoot right handed, all the controls and guns are set up for the right hander unless you buy specific left hand guns.

Shoot handguns left with right eye.

Shoot long guns right with right eye.

Randy

So, I'll go one further. I am left handed, left eye dominant normally. The vision in my left eye however is, well, horrible. I started shooting cross dominant intentionally and my shooting has improved significantly. I wouldn't worry about this at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update guys. Started using the right eye now Im comfortable and good with it. Sight picture is much better both the target and the front sight, atleast when I shoot the pistol. When I shoot rifles it feel weird and uncomfortable, and no improvement in the sight picture.

Keep in mind I have been shooting rifles for 7 years and pistols only for a couple of months.