Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM Limited gun?

mshotwell

Canyon Creek has built quite a few M's for Limited Div., the M has the same sight radius as a 5" 1911 slide. With their 140mm base pads it will hold 21 rounds of .40 s&w and there is also a magwell for the M. Along with their trigger job,guide rods, extended release, and low mount sights the M is a contender in the Limited Div..

Rich

post-1700-1242516249_thumb.png

post-1700-1242516282_thumb.png

Yeah, I am, and I like it!!

And it likes me! :roflol:

Local Match Result

May 09, 2009 NTP SHOOTERS

Final results for Limited

Place Name No. USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Match Pts Match %

1 Derrick B. 27 A52911 A Limited Major No No No No 898.8786 100.00%

2 Jim R. 16 A52649 B Limited Major No No No No 806.7642 89.75%

3 Deron W. 4 A56332 B Limited Minor No No No No 750.1573 83.45%

....... :cheers:

Yeah, I am, and I like it!!

And it likes me! :roflol:

Local Match Result

May 09, 2009 NTP SHOOTERS

Final results for Limited

Place Name No. USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Match Pts Match %

1 Derrick B. 27 A52911 A Limited Major No No No No 898.8786 100.00%

2 Jim R. 16 A52649 B Limited Major No No No No 806.7642 89.75%

3 Deron W. 4 A56332 B Limited Minor No No No No 750.1573 83.45%

....... :cheers:

That's because it used to be MINE....heehee. Oh sure, I never fired a round out of it, but STILL...... I see you are doing very well with it!

little short on cash, so hav'nt added the base pads yet, but I bought mine in march and have ran about 300 rds thur of various makers and it eats everything I've put thur it, a mightly fine pistol, But what else would you expect form a S.A. :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Just shot my 3rd match with a Canyon Creek XDM .40 Limited Heater (Basically Rich's Limited Racer). All I can say is, amazing, as a CZ guy, natural point when you bring the gun up is something I am used to. This gun is so natural you have to remember to get that front site picture. Add 21+1 cap, incredible trigger, excellent recoil profile with Tungsten GR and s/s Magwell. Give it about 4-6 more months and a lot will realize that they can spend $2800 for an S_I and then spend 4 mos dialing it in - or be on the money within 30 days from the date you put one of these XDM Limited .40's in your hand. My only problem, was at last weeks match, JJ Racazza was in my squad, so I felt a little slow :goof::o but I haven't golfed recently with Phil Mickelson in my foursome either.

Time will prove this XDM theory - S_I better get to work building a ploymer limited gun, or market share may start to shift.

Thanks,

Jon

I was traveling with my family a week or so ago. I took my XD with an extended base pad on one mag. I shot a local match with it. I ended up in the middle of the pack, which is normal for me, shooting minor. Previously I only had about 8 stages through the gun. I was pretty pleased with the performance of the gun.

Of course Scott Springer did the trigger job. So that made a huge difference.

I am seeing more and more shooters using 9mm in Limited. It might be the cost of the ammo or the sweet recoil factor. All of us remark that we are focused on accuracy to make up for shooting minor and we do not see a reduction in the standings. In fact, some remark they have actually improving their standings.

I've got one Built by Rich. All his goodies....trigger, magwell, extended base pads, tungsten guide rod. Gun is very fast, accurate, and reliable. Would highly recommend the XDm

Thanks guys you've all big help. Good news I've decided on a limited gun. To some of you it might be bad new, I'm going with an MP40. Thanks again, don't doubt that XDM would make a great limited gun.

I've got one Built by Rich. All his goodies....trigger, magwell, extended base pads, tungsten guide rod. Gun is very fast, accurate, and reliable. Would highly recommend the XDm

Does any one know if Rich is around I called a few times and nothing?

PS He is top notch gunthmith I have Two of his guns and want one more.

Edited by 1911vm

I spoke with him at the end of last week at his shop by phone. Try e-mailing, Rich always responds very rapidly via e-mail.

Edited by baerburtchell

I spoke with him at the end of last week at his shop by phone. Try e-mailing, Rich always responds very rapidly via e-mail.

You are corect he emailed me last night Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I have to honest and say that my experiment with the XDM as a limited gun has ended.... I just couldn't get the trigger to go as fast as I wanted. I did a touch of work to the trigger, new springs, sear, etc and while I think it's entirely adequate for an IDPA gun, I just couldn't get it to cut the mustard in USPSA as the trigger was too long for me to really crank the rounds out of it rapidly. It's perfectly accurate enough, and absolutely reliable, but I just flat couldn't work the trigger fast enough.

I am sure that both Rich and Springer can do a knock down wonderful trigger on it, but I just wasn't willing to go that far with the gun and am happily shooting my 2011 again.....

My .02.

There is a night and day difference between a factory trigger and a custom trigger job. Take the extra step you won't be disappointed. Find somebody that has had a trigger job done and feel it for yourself.

Rich

The Springer trigger parts will move the trigger substantially to the rear if it's the LENGTH OF PULL you object to, meaning the distance from the rear of the grip to the front of the trigger. It will also reduce the trigger TRAVEL quite a bit.

On the other hand, if you cannot work the trigger quickly enough simply because it does not "FOLLOW" your trigger finger fast enough on the "RETURN" of the stroke, then you're into heavier, not lighter trigger and perhaps sear springs to go faster. Well know revolver champion Jerry M (Wont attempt to spell his name) uses a 10lb trigger spring for this reason.

On the other hand, if you cannot work the trigger quickly enough simply because it does not "FOLLOW" your trigger finger fast enough on the "RETURN" of the stroke, then you're into heavier, not lighter trigger and perhaps sear springs to go faster.

When I was shooting my 9mm XDM with Homie a few weeks back, I was getting .13's on some close and dirty targets on a drill we were doing. I doubt there is anyone who can out run the XDM trigger, as my personal trigger is super light., and I think .13's are plenty fast for most folks.

On the other hand, if you cannot work the trigger quickly enough simply because it does not "FOLLOW" your trigger finger fast enough on the "RETURN" of the stroke, then you're into heavier, not lighter trigger and perhaps sear springs to go faster.

When I was shooting my 9mm XDM with Homie a few weeks back, I was getting .13's on some close and dirty targets on a drill we were doing. I doubt there is anyone who can out run the XDM trigger, as my personal trigger is super light., and I think .13's are plenty fast for most folks.

Hi Scott/Loves to Shoot!

I was replying to Catfish's post about his not being able to work the trigger fast enough. On further examination of his post I guess it was the travel of the trigger he objected to not the return speed. I am no Grand Master or anything close, but I have decent twitch speed and I cannot outrun any of the triggers on my guns with your kits in 'em either, nor the one done by you recently. I'll take your word for it that it cannot be done, but I still think he should look into one of your kits or something else if he so chooses in order to limit the travel of the trigger in his XDm.

Personally, every time I click my mouse I am jealous of the feel and wish I could get that on my XD family of guns as a trigger pull... but then, issues with the internal safeties aside, the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus would probably appear and want to know who my gunsmith was.

Edited by Justsomeguy

• 3 weeks later...