Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magpul trigger guard and MIAD on a AR10?

davidwiz

Has anyone installed Magpul's enhanced trigger guard on a AR10 (which in my case is a DPMS LR308)? Magpul says:

Some AR10/SR25 style of rifles may require some slight modifications to the Trigger Guard for proper fit.

How "slight" are the modifications? What tools are needed?

Likewise, has anyone installed Magpul's MIAD on a AR10? Magpul says:

Will not work with AR10/SR25 style rifles without modification.

What are the modifications? What tools are needed?

TIA

I have the Miad on my RRA .308. It has a gape between the duckbill portion of the grip and the receiver other than that the grip works fine.

Edited by steel1212

I have a DPMS LR308 and niether will fit.

The trigger guard is machined into the lower reciever, thus no way to remove it. And the curve above the grip where the Miad or Moe sweep back and up is different in profile to the AR15 which magpul grips are made for. It did not look to me as though it was a slight modification so i chose to stay with the std grip.

Edited by mpeltier

The Magpul trigger guard works fine on an Armalite AR10.

I've installed several without incident.

As to the MIAD grip, it too works fine on an Armalite AR10.

I have all of the grip inserts in place to make the grip as full as possible with a minimal gap at the top rear "beavertail" portion of the frame.

I would recommend an ERGO Large Frame Tactical Deluxe Grip which is designed for the .308 platform.

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?I...FTOKEN=27103723

I find it gives me a better grip (fills hand nicely with a soft pebble grain textured grip), than the MIAD and it fits the frame better.

the only drawback is no storage compartment.

I will second the Ergo Tactical grip, it is on my AR's and JP 308. the fatness of the grip gives a very good "feel" to the rifle and fills the hand.

thanks to Merlin, for allowing me to steal my first one from him.

trapr

I will second the Ergo Tactical grip, it is on my AR's and JP 308. the fatness of the grip gives a very good "feel" to the rifle and fills the hand.

thanks to Merlin, for allowing me to steal my first one from him.

trapr

I loved the ERGO grips as well.....then I tried the CAA grip......mmmmmmmm heaven :cheers: