Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt lower trigger ?

wfv56

My Colt H-bar has the larger pins in it. I believe they are .171 or thereabouts. That may not be exact, so someone may step up and correct me on that measurements. I had a Jard trigger in mine that I lilked a bunch. The only reason I took the trigger out was to return the rifle to original condition to sell. So I have a Jard for a large pin colt if anyone needs one. Will include a free set of brand new JP antiwalk pins with it also. . Oh yea, the Colt H-bar, A3 flat top, Competition match target, 20" with a factory comp is also for sale. I'm after a JP ctr02 upper, so I'd also trade this whole rifle for a fairly new condition JP upper. I know I got way off on thread drift, sorry about that. If you haven't purchased the Giessel and are interested in a good deal on a Jard just give me a shout.

JP makes a great trigger. It is like all of their stuff -top notch. You can get a regular trigger and install it, or get a drop in unit which is self contained. Just slide the entire unit in, and push the pins in, and you should be good to go. I am surprised that more high power shooters don't shoot a trigger like the JP, but on the other hand, I haven't shot high power, so maybe I shouldn't be saying what they should use. I believe the web site is www.jprifles.com .

I recently installed a JP trigger in my DPMS 308 lower. Just the trigger, not the kit with a new hammer. I was pleasantly surprised how good the trigger came out using the factory hammer. Smooth and crisp!

Thanks for the help. Friend lives 100 miles away and wants to come up for a install. He has no tools to measure. As a result I hoped to find in advance if Colt still used big pins and the sear block to save him a possibly wasted trip. Thanks Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Unless it is a VERY recent LEO Colt, like the 6920/6940, it will be large pin. The 6920's just started shipping with small pins.

I would find a way to measure them first.

The Geissele will not fit with a sear block (but I believe it will with the web version). He can just open the receivers to see whether it is a web or a block.

My Colt Match HBar has the large pins. I installed the Colt factory competition trigger/hammer and it is actually quite nice. It's drop in.

My SP1 has small pins. It has a Jard in it. The Jard is much lighter but I thought it was

kind of a PITA to adjust right.

The rest of my ARs, including 9mm and DPMS 308 all have JP. They are simple to install and just work great. I don't think they can be beat, especially for the price.

Craig