Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost holster or Arredondo Holster for my Dawson?

cold

I have a Dawson Signature coming, getting into limited and am curious which holster people like between the two mentioned, the Ghost or the Arredondo Holster? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Can only tell you about the Ghost-

light weight,and fast out of the holster-

also has one of the best locking systems

going- have three of them for my guns.

Just remember that what ever you go

with-KEEP IT ON LOCK! ;)

Will the ghost be suitable for a multi gun stage where I start with the rifle or shotgun and handgun is loaded in the ghost if the stage has movement or will have have concerns it may fall out?

A lot of my friends shoot ghosts, and I shoot with Ralph Arredondo around here. Both are good holsters, fast. If the ghost is on lock, its not going anywhere, but if you forget its on lock when you hear the beep, your draw is down the toilet. I shoot a CRSpeed. It's secure (with a floorplate/muzzle cover) and the locking system is secure, but its not impossible to pull through if you leave it on lock at the beep.

I've been around the holster block a few times. The best all around Limited holster is the Blade tech DOH. It's almost as fast as any other holster out there and way more secure. Especially if you are talking about moving around with 3 gun.

For 3 gun, the Ghost and Arredondo both work well for open guns. they have positive locking devices, and as long as they are locked the pistol will stay in. If you go the Kydex holster route (which is pretty much your only choice for tactical), make sure it also has a positive locking device, something like the Black Hawk Sherpa or some of the Safariland. In 3 gun I have seen more dropped pistols from standard open topped Kydex (that do not have positive locking devices) than any other holster.

jj