Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WANTED SHOOTERS FOR

What is the long distance for your april match in rifle.

Rabbit clay tgts at ~ 40 yds for rifle. Slugs ~ 50 yds on paper. We're not using the rifle range this time. The April stages are posted at orpci.org

So Gary does this mean the stage Good day at Black Rock is not in play at this time?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the long distance for your april match in rifle.

Rabbit clay tgts at ~ 40 yds for rifle. Slugs ~ 50 yds on paper. We're not using the rifle range this time. The April stages are posted at orpci.org

So Gary does this mean the stage Good day at Black Rock is not in play at this time?

Black Rock is still in play for the State Champ May 22-23. The above post is relating to the club match we are hosting this weekend. The April MG club match stages are also listed at orpci.org. Sorry for the confusion.

GW

May have talked some of the guys at Ft. Cambel into making the trip. (they'll need the practice for the real multigun match)

Hop

How about that Rodney character? Jim is bringing a Missouri group. See you there!

Cliff

Chris,

We ARE NOT closing down Texas Roadhouse the night before like last time. We are on to you, just what percentage due you rake in from there? :cheers:

Jim has us shooting every weekend, so hopefully we will still have ammo for the match! If nothing else there is always the barbecue.

Looking forward to what we all know will be an excellent match.

Heading to Single Stack in the morning,

Cliff

Chris,

We ARE NOT closing down Texas Roadhouse the night before like last time. We are on to you, just what percentage due you rake in from there? :cheers:

Jim has us shooting every weekend, so hopefully we will still have ammo for the match! If nothing else there is always the barbecue.

Cliff

I do own stock if that counts. B)

No, we will not be closing it down this year. I have reformed myself from such foolishness. I will be in bed by midnight this year. :cheers:

Chris C.

Chris,

Cliff

I do own stock if that counts. B)

No, we will not be closing it down this year. I have reformed myself from such foolishness. I will be in bed by midnight this year. :cheers:

Chris C.

RIGHT!

Hey now! No practicing!!!! :)

I shot the Blue Ridge Match last month. After shooting at 6" flash targets at 225 and 10" flashers out to 400, I have a feeling I'm going to be hitting high at Owensboro.

Right by the range. at the match hotel.

I got one of the last rooms (non-smoking) available.

HOP

The one across from the gas station? That is the one we are at...its a great 2 story hotel with no elevator....GENIUS!

This is a USPSA match using Time Plus scoring ( MG rules 9.1, 9.2)

As I read these scoring rules, I can't see any reason (scoring wise) to shoot a major caliber pistol. (I'm disregarding open & HM for this issue)

9.1.1 states 1 "A" hit or 2 hits anywhere inside the scoring perfs (min. 2 "D" hits) to avoid penalty are all that's needed to neutralize the target.

I don't see anything in the scoring supplement to differentiate major/minor for this.

Am I missing something?

Dave

Edited by Airedale

I don't think you're missing anything, Dave. Of course, you'd look a lot cooler shooting a 10mm w/ 200g at 1200 fps.

:)

True!

I was planning to shoot my STD limited gun but may just shoot an XD 9 if I am interpreting this correctly.

Dave

So no chrono then? If there is no major minor scoring why bother with the chronograph? This sounds alot like the scoring we have gone to at the Ft. Benning 3 gun match, Horner method I belive is it, and there is not a chrono there. Hmmmmm...

with minor is it just 2 on target is neutralized and you go on to the next target or how does that work.

Any 2 hits or 1 A and move on, no major or minor scoring

Edited by recon215

They usually have chrono. Gotta have it for the HM guys-at least.

Dave

So no chrono then? If there is no major minor scoring why bother with the chronograph? This sounds alot like the scoring we have gone to at the Ft. Benning 3 gun match, Horner method I belive is it, and there is not a chrono there. Hmmmmm...
with minor is it just 2 on target is neutralized and you go on to the next target or how does that work.

Any 2 hits or 1 A and move on, no major or minor scoring