Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I prep cases ahead?

Wanted

With rifle cases, especially .223 or .308, you almost have to. I polish, deprime and size, trim to length, tumble the polish off and swage out the primer crimps on a big batch of cases well before they start getting reloaded. Even with a 1050 (which will swage the primer crimps), you have to trim the cases before reloading.

I know it seems like a dumb question. But I really enjoy doing it. I find every aspect of reloading to be relaxing. Oh, and it's .223 brass on a Dillon 550. It's been tumbled, so I'll resize, deprime and trim. Then set aside till I get some bullets. Thanks for the support.

I know it seems like a dumb question. But I really enjoy doing it. I find every aspect of reloading to be relaxing. Oh, and it's .223 brass on a Dillon 550. It's been tumbled, so I'll resize, deprime and trim. Then set aside till I get some bullets. Thanks for the support.

If you ever feel stressed let me know and I will be happy to send you some brass to.....Relax with.

<_< I would want it back after you ..relax it though :)

That is the main reason why I reload :cheers:

I don't have all my equipment and componets together yet. Can I resize, deprime and trim cases. Then set them aside to load later?

Absolutely. It's called batch loading.

You perform one or 2 operations and then quit, do something else.

I consider charging with powder, seating the bullet and making load notes to be ion operation.

I do this all the time with rifle brass. If figure since my 650/casefeeder is all messed up with Dillon case lube I might as well do a bunch of them.

After I clean all the lube off I inspect them and bag them up and label them with a big "RTL" ready to load.

Neal in AZ

This really is fun stuff. Loadig pistol has just become kind of mechanical. Don't get me wrong, I still look in each case and pay close attention. It's just that there are so many steps to loading rifle, that it's more interesting.