Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Twist

This is one of those stages you just want to shoot over and over. It's a blast. Set up long. I measured aprox 10 yds from steel, set the back walls and then stretched it the whole length the berm allowed, about another 25-30 yards.

At the end of the fault line run, make sure there is enough room for a leftie to get all the steel and T-6.

Also, make sure the RO is fit enough to keep up with the shooter :D .

Twist.doc

When do you shoot the steel? I really like this, it really covers all the things I need to improve, but love. Shooting and moving.

The steel can only be engaged at the end of the fault line. The walls prevent engagement until then.

We had a stage like that at a state match a few years back. The course designer was pretty proud of his creation, and I thought the stage was a lot of fun. Along came a really fit GM and he made some remark (a positive remark for improvement not a complaint) about how with all the points involved we should concentrate on a test of shooting skills instead of a hoser track meet. He won the stage with a couple of misses going balls to the wall. I just watched in amazement. The RO caught up well after the gun smoke cleared. :roflol:

We had a stage like that at a state match a few years back. The course designer was pretty proud of his creation, and I thought the stage was a lot of fun. Along came a really fit GM and he made some remark (a positive remark for improvement not a complaint) about how with all the points involved we should concentrate on a test of shooting skills instead of a hoser track meet. He won the stage with a couple of misses going balls to the wall. I just watched in amazement. The RO caught up well after the gun smoke cleared. :roflol:

If I went to a match and there were 4 stages like this and one classifier, I would feel a bit cheated... That's why stages like this need to be balanced with accuracy type stages during the match. I know you know this Ron, but wanted to comment for others who come along this thread in the future.

The match this is being used in has two stages with some accuracy based stages, a quick down and dirty hose stage with low round count, and a stage with three swingers activated in two different areas by three different PP's. It's a really balanced match of different skill challanges. There are ton of new shooters out there too, and getting them to move and shoot on a stage like this is good for them and good for business.

The GM shooter wasn't Jr was it? :D Sounds like something he would do. It's fun to watch when he floors it.

The only things I'd modify on this stage (and that only to suit my club's particular audience) would be a little more angle on shooting area "runs" to avoid 90 degree traps. Great looking stage!

That stage does look like fun. I have not become comfortabe with shooting and moving. I want to start practicing moving and shooting this summer.

Is shooting on the move the best way to shoot this? My first instinct is not to shoot it on the move.

Would depend on the angle of the walls, but I would think moving while shooting, reload repeat would be the fastest way through the stage. Short distance with lost of reloads needed (I shoot production and L-10) blast each array at a time, on the move.

That stage does look like fun. I have not become comfortabe with shooting and moving. I want to start practicing moving and shooting this summer.

Is shooting on the move the best way to shoot this? My first instinct is not to shoot it on the move.

Then you would change your mind after seeing someone else do it. I did it in 12 sec's in production on a semi crappy run. I can see A class open shooters doing it in less than 10 seconds easily.