Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bowie Tactical

Adrian_Sorah

In march I drove my frame down to West Union, Ohio to get my frame stippled by David Bowie ( http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com ). He told me the turn around time on it would be 2-3 months but it only took about a month. It is a lot more aggressive than the deck tape I've been using and my own stippling I tried; which he cringed at when he saw it. I had the 360 stippling done, and the finger grooves removed. The price was $170. Heres some pics.

100_0327.jpg

100_0325.jpg

100_0323.jpg

100_0319.jpg

100_0320.jpg

I'm impressed.

Edited by Adrian_Sorah

So the "candle and allen screw" method didn't turn out ?! :lol: :lol:

Looks good Adrian.......I am gonna check them out.

I guess thats not the preferred method of stippling, who would've guessed it. :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to shooting this. It doesn't even compare to grip tape.

It looks as if the stippling is a bit too low on the grip. The position of my left hand (aka the driving hand) grips a bit higher then where the stippling stops.

I guess I will know more if you come to the Cville match tomorrow.

It looks as if the stippling is a bit too low on the grip. The position of my left hand (aka the driving hand) grips a bit higher then where the stippling stops.

Hmmm........Interesting, I didn't really pay much attention to where it stopped. It does look like it could go further up the grip, covering the thumb rest area.

Adrian, did you request where it started and stopped?? or was that their standard area for the 360 stipple ?

I guess I assumed that you were going to use this new grip in Limited Adrian...hopefully you where. Per the 2008 USPSA rulebook:

dfgdhg.jpg

Apparently I will really find out tomorrow.

The finger grooves are there alright but just REALLY hard to see, It was the result of the stippling.

PB I'm not going to be able to make the match tomorrow BTW. I will definantley be at miamisburg.

Edited by Adrian_Sorah

The finger grooves are there alright but just REALLY hard to see, It was the result of the stippling.

PB I'm not going to be able to make the match tomorrow BTW. I will definantley be at miamisburg.

Well....the finger grooves are not there enough to be legal in Production. I'm sure it will be fine in a local match but you'll still get crap from your buds. But that will never fly at a major match.

On a side note.....David has always done some nice work. Just looks like he is getting a bit pricey.

Edited by 00bullitt

Well....the finger grooves are not there enough to be legal in Production. I'm sure it will be fine in a local match but you'll still get crap from your buds. But that will never fly at a major match.

I have to unfortunately agree.

Rich

Why is it ok to break the rules at a local or non-major match?

Its not ok to break the rules. But sometimes they can be more relaxed for minor things. I didn't say what I said to start a debate about it. It is what it is. People break the rules and make small infractions all the time. Does enforcemnet have to be the harshest all the time? Maybe for y'all but thats not how I nor most folks at our clubs operate around here. In the spirit of keeping the new shooters from getting aggravated and leaving the sport.....we at our local and indoor matches will school such people with a pep talk about the rules and the spirit of the game and let them get by with it for a match or two or three until they self correct. And they usually will. I personally see no reason to move a shooter to open for an infraction of this nature hence the reason for my comment.

I totally agree Tod. New shooters are the lifeblood of this sport, and we shouldnt try to run 'em off by throwing the rule book in their face with every little infraction.

But what about seasoned competitors? What if you know somebody who has been shooting over a year, and whos skills are increasing each week? Should we still look the other way when we see blatant rules violations? Is that ok? We must draw the line somewhere. I dont know when/where to make that distinction but it must be made.

Not trying to get too far off topic, but how does the new shooter respond when he took the time to read the rule book and knows it's illegal. Then sees a guy beating him with an illegally modified gun?

Okay, back to topic. What was the turnaround time? Any issues with pinning the mag if you overgrip the gun?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm........Interesting, I didn't really pay much attention to where it stopped. It does look like it could go further up the grip, covering the thumb rest area.

Adrian, did you request where it started and stopped?? or was that their standard area for the 360 stipple ?

Here's more Bowie work

JoGlock3.jpg

JoGlock1.jpg

JoGlock5.jpg

JoGlock6.jpg

Sorry dude: grip mods are strictly illegal in production, they were discussed at the BOD meeting in dallas and are posted on USPSA in the members area. A good RO will see it and you will end up as an open shooter.

:ph34r:

Edited by Flexmoney
to remove the big quote and a repeat of the thread hogging pics.