Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smith J-Frame Laser Grips

doc540

Just installed the a set of the latest Crimson Trace laser boot grips, LG-405, MrsDoc's Smith & Wesson, nickel, (1972) Model 36 Chief's Special in .38.

Her eyesight is such that it's difficult for her to sight on the snub's blade unless she's wearing her contacts or computer glasses. She might have to defend herself anytime, so glasses or contacts might not be in the picture.

As a training tool and self defense piece, we're going to try these at the range next trip.

CrimsonTrace005-1.jpg

(notice the anti-recoil pocket on the strap)

CrimsonTrace004-1.jpg

Anyone wanna take a stab at the ammo trivia?

Ammo Trivia? I'll guess Winchester Silevertips most likely 110 grainers , also looked like snap caps in the cylinder.

How close am I?

'bout 15 grains off

The 95 grainers are no longer in production.

And, yep, snap caps loaded up.

Very nice. I hope to get a J-frame soon and intend to add the same Lasergrips.

I can only surmise that laser grips are looking upon here like automatic transmissions would be be on a Porsche forum. :cheers:

I also plan to add Lasergrips to my Kimber Ultra CDP II, which is my main carry gun.

That also happens to be my competition gun. I'm hoping I'll be legal by just turning them off for matches. I'd hate to have to swap grips several times a month. <_<

(Logic would say that if I'm looking for competitive advantage, I wouldn't be shooting an aluminum-framed, 3-inch-barreled 1911 in Single Stack. But logic has rarely had anything to do with rules, and I haven't really checked in to the legality of this for USPSA.)

I'm hoping I'll be legal by just turning them off for matches. I'd hate to have to swap grips several times a month. <_<

Legal for Open only.....

That's what I was afraid of.

I don't want to use them in competition. I just don't really want to have to take them completely off the gun for every match. :wacko:

• 6 months later...
I can only surmise that laser grips are looking upon here like automatic transmissions would be be on a Porsche forum. :cheers:

I am actually quite a fan of weapon-mounted lasers, not for the reason that most people have them on their guns - because they think they'll substitute for shooting skill - but because they absolutely ROCK for low-light shooting.

Have been trying with my agency to approve these for carry. Can't get the powers that be to get over the worry hump. I think they are the best thing going for low light if you don't have a weapon mounted light. Am saving up to put a set on my personal 442. Being proficient with your irons is always the best bet but they work wonders for down and disabled scenerios.