Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nik, you shooting Friday then? Guess that means I may run into you on a stage. Looking forward to it.

Yup, Friday. I'm on vacation in VA surrounding the Summer Blast, and by shooting the Buckeye on Friday, I only have to miss one day of work....

Are you on staff?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No chance...finding the range is part of the experience.  :)

Kyle, FINDING the range is not usually the problem. The problem last year was finding your way back to the hotel AFTER hanging at the range way too late. :blink:

3QT, consider yourself adequately warned! :D

Talked to Tom Rayner last night...All sounds well. I'll be working a stage for him. I don't know which one yet. Just look for the biggest barrel of sh*t you've ever seen RO'ing someone, and it's a pretty good guess that it's me. he-he :D I hope the weather is good...that place just seems to have a dark cloud over it on match days. :rolleyes: Tom said that it has rained every match day so far this year. :( Sheesh...the law of averages better get off its a$$ and catch up!!!

See ya there,

Jeff B)

Jeff...glad you are going to work it. I hear some of your people are going to park the RV's there?

h4444...Iowa? Awesome.

James...do you have a mini-van for her to drive...maybe a small bus? Might have to get her a hat and some driving gloves.

James...do you have a mini-van for her to drive...maybe a small bus? Might have to get her a hat and some driving gloves.

How about a station wagon... It's not quite a bus but if we put the back seat down I figure we could stack it two or three high!!!

B)B)B)

Tom said that it has rained every match day so far this year. :(  Sheesh...the law of averages better get off its a$$ and catch up!!!

No doubt, we have had some tough weather around here this year. The good news is that apparently he has had the excavators in a couple of times and they laid some drain tile. Hopefully, if we do get rain, that will help us out.

Then again, the conditions last year DID make it an extra memorible match that lots of people still talk about, and most of them talk about in a favorable light. Everyone had to shoot in the same conditions, so they just made the best of it.... ;)

I'm sure we will have great weather. I can feel it.... :D

It's not quite a bus but if we put the back seat down I figure we could stack it two or three high!!!

Stacking two or three high... :huh: Are you talking about two or three Jake's or two or three Rhino's or BDH's? :lol::lol::lol:

It's not quite a bus but if we put the back seat down I figure we could stack it two or three high!!!

Stacking two or three high... :huh: Are you talking about two or three Jake's or two or three Rhino's or BDH's? :lol::lol::lol:

He was probably thinking of stacking two or three Jack Ds... :rolleyes:

Save one for me...one year or the other I'll be able to make it to the US for a match.. :)

Hey Flex...

As Cam said, we both are bringing down RV's...My wife is scorekeeping while I run a stage, and Tom said we could plug in down there. We are really looking forward to it. I saw the video of our people shooting last years (what a soaker!!!!!), and met the Rayners when they came up to the Michigan State sectional last year. They are quality people, and I can't wait to help them. Besides, I gotta go down and beat that little brat of theirs that had the audacity to whip my a$$ on my home range!!! :P That little beggar is a hell of a shot...and he's the YOUNGER of the two brothers (what a pistol this kid is...got a funny comment for everything). I missed the pleasure of getting flambasted by the older one, as he had a sporting event that weekend. Of course, with names like Jesse James, and Josey Wales, yer kinda screwed from the get anyway. I went out and bought the best open gun I could find just in the hopes that he won't beat me with that plastic toy gun of his (Glock) in the overall. My wife is coming along just for the comedic value of seeing me lose to 'em!!!

Jeff

JLJ,

You will likely want to stay in Zanesville. Here is a link to hotels in Z-ville and some phone numbers. But, you might find better deals going online (hotel.com and such)

Cambridge is another place to stay. About the same distance...but, finding the range would be a LOT tougher coming in the back way.

Some, might consider staying in Marietta (but, it isn't close...only an option if coming from W.Va)

For the not so picky...in McConnelsville (my home town), there is an old place...used to be called the Sunset Inn. This would be the closest place to the range...and anybody that stays there could follow me out in the morning.

Jeff...I won't mention that little Josey was likely pulling the trigger with his middle finger (as his index finger didn't reach).

Jeff...I won't mention that little Josey was likely pulling the trigger with his middle finger (as his index finger didn't reach).

I would laugh like hell at this, except he'll probably beat my ass this year!! :huh:

[drift]

Josey is great and one of the best times I had with him was at the FGN last year. He wasn't shooting and just along watching the Rayner family. He came over to my stage and I could tell he was just dying to shoot. Nothing was really going on on my stage so I asked him if he wanted to shoot it. He got an ear to ear smile and eyes lit up, and I said, 'okay, let's go, but don't tell anyone I let you do this'.

His weapon of choice was my Swingline staple gun (I know, it probably didn't make Minor :lol: ). Anyway, we did the whole drill complete with all the range commands, and then we went to score it. Since the timer wasn't picking up the stapler too well, I had to ask Josey to tell me what time he shot it in, and I would tell him what hits I thought he got. :D

All in all, I think HE had a great time.... I know that I had a great time.... and this is just one of those little things that makes me love this stuff so much.....

[/drift]

See everyone at the Blast!!! ;)

BDH,

I don't feel that your post is much of a drift...It exemplifies what good, wholesome people the Rayners are, and why I feel we all love this sport so much. I wish more families were like the Rayners...I truly feel that the image they display is what causes others to flock to their match. They truly are the heart and soul of the "Buckeye". Can't wait to meet everyone there.

Jeff :D

Flex, that sounds like a pretty good option, following you out that is. Seems how I've never been to this range and I like the idea of being close. I'll get more info from you in the week to follow. Thanks.

JLJ

Flex,

I'm originally from Ky,,,,my parents are coming up to pickup their grand-daughter for a few days while the Mrs. and I have a mini-vacation and I shoot the Blast. :D

I think mapquest says 725 miles,,,,I'm sure someone will come from further.......

H4444

Saturday - Full (might be able to squeeze in single shooters onto a squad).

Sunday - Still room. And, bring LOTS of extra ammo for the shoot-offs. ;)

Golf carts - If you are thinking about a golf cart for the day...please get in touch with the Rayner's and let them know. They need to let the golf cart people know how many to bring. If I recall correctly, they are $35 and (I think) seat two shooters and gear. (seems like a good deal)

RO's and staff - Stages and RO's have been paired-up. I plan to take a cooler to keep my drinks and snacks cold at my stage. I am also going to take my timer, staple gun and my cordless tools.

Hotel - Most people will stay in Zanesville, but there is a little hotel in McConnelsville (where I will be staying at my Mother's) called the Three Sisters Sunset Inn (740-962-3141).