Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Delta 124 JHP Test

Darrell

I received my shipment of the new Precision Delta 124gr JHP's this week and loaded up a couple of powders and tested in my M&P pro and my EAA Limited. The attached jpg has the chrono and accuracy results using Tightgroup, and Power Pistol. Enjoy.

edited: took out the N320 comment as this was for Zero 125 FMJ, not P.D. 124 sorry.

post-7446-1238126627_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darrell

Thanks for the data. I have PD 124gr JHP's on order. I tried 5.8 PP , 1.16, 124gr PD Fmj's, the other day, it was the most accurate load I tried with the CZ75, the Glock 19 didn't like it at all, most accurate in the Glock was 4.3gr's BE 1.15, 124 PD fmj, and of course the CZ didn't like that very well. 5.8 -6gr's of PP really lets you know it! Definitely louder, more recoil, I can only imagine what a full 6.6gr charge would be like.

keyser, you were able to load out to 1.16 in a CZ? Thought they had a short freebore. My EAA limited can only go to 1.133 with PD 124 jhp.

I guess that I can, I fired 250 rounds loaded at 1.16 with no malfunctions and fully in battery, but that was with FMJ not JHP. I have an older ('99) CZ75BD. I'll chamber a round and measure for setback today and make sure that's not occurring.

My PD 124 JHP's came in yesterday (that was fast), so I'm going to try to work up a couple loads this evening.

Edited by keyser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(My first real post on this forum)

I can't find 124 JHP on the PD site--can you give me the P/N and cost? Thanks

I've been loading PD 124 FMJ, VVn320, 3.6, 1.13---1065 avg.

They seem to shoot well and are pretty clean for a light load.

PS. A drop-in test showed this bullet max COL was over 1.21 in my CZ 75B. The nose is blunter than a WW 124FMJ.

Edited by 1SOW

(My first real post on this forum)

I can't find 124 JHP on the PD site--can you give me the P/N and cost? Thanks

I've been loading PD 124 FMJ, VVn320, 3.6, 1.13---1065 avg.

They seem to shoot well and are pretty clean for a light load.

PS. A drop-in test showed this bullet max COL was over 1.21 in my CZ 75B. The nose is blunter than a WW 124FMJ.

For what it's worth, Precision Delta is way behind on orders right now (perhaps months). I called them today to find out where my bullets are, and they had no answer, and just jerked me around.

The 124 JHP's are new, they aren't on the website, I called and asked and at that time (about 3 weeks ago) they were behind a few days on shipping. It took about a week to get them in. They were $78 per K when I ordered them. I'm loading 4.0 of T. G. at 1.12 for a P.F. of 130. I tried 5.0 of WSF the other day it was more accurate but the P. F. was 138, 5.4 of Power pistol is also accurate but P.F is 138 also.

The 124 JHP's are new, they aren't on the website, I called and asked and at that time (about 3 weeks ago) they were behind a few days on shipping. It took about a week to get them in. They were $78 per K when I ordered them. I'm loading 4.0 of T. G. at 1.12 for a P.F. of 130. I tried 5.0 of WSF the other day it was more accurate but the P. F. was 138, 5.4 of Power pistol is also accurate but P.F is 138 also.

I've had another 2K of the PD 124FMJ on order for three weeks. I would like to try the PD 124 JHP too. Berry's has a new plated hollow base 124 out now I'd also like to try.

Federal primers on order for over 2wks.

Waiting for more VV n320 to come in locally.

I hope there's no big fires locally, everybody's garage will blow sky high.

Edited by 1SOW

Has anyone shot these into jugs of water to test expansion?

Haven't water tested them as I bought them for precision type bullets. I do note that the nose of the jacketed HP area is skived all around so they may expand, although how reliably is sure up in the air. They shoot very well over both 4.5 231 and 4.0 TG at 1.12"

Wayne