Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New rifle!

Bill M

I understood it is a AI style mag, but I've never had an AI before so I couldn't tell you if it is or not. JP makes these, they feel like you could drive over them, but I'm not going to try on purpose as I only got one.

The early mags had some issues with reliability that was traced back to the finish being applied to them. That has been corrected and they will even exchange the Gen I mags with the new ones at no charge. Speaks volumes about the company. The new ones are working well and they allow for a longer COAL than the AI mags (unless the AI mags are modified).

It is a mono pod to support the stock. It does flip down. It attaches to the rail and can be removed. I done some benchrest shooting in the past, but I would like to try some tactical rifle shooting with unkown distance and the like. I not sure what competitions are available, but will be looking for something this summer.

Range Report:

I sighted in the rifle and then did one 5 shot group. I bought a box of Rem 140 GR Core-Lokt to sight in, these are not what I'll being using but am waiting for powder to come to reload. After sighting in I was able to get a 1" 5 shot group which at 4 shots was a 5/8" group. The rifle has very little muzzle jump and a light recoil. I have never fire a non-braked 260 but wouldn't expect it to kick much either. 3 out of the 5 shots I was able to see impact without adjusting at all.

I'm not sure if I am using the mono pod properly, but I much prefer a small rear sandbag, and was able shot better with it. The trigger was crisp and smooth. The only small problem I had was hand feeding rounds seemed a little rougher than I would have expected.

I'm hoping to improve the grouping with proper hand loads and to try 300-700 yard shooting in the next few weeks.