Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

interesting problem

hal1955

I'm shooting a glock 17, burris fastfire slide ride, lone wolf barrel, comp and guide rod, 19# wolf spring, also ismi 13# spring, 9mm major ammo. From the bench at 15 yards, first shot is 3" to the right, next 4, 5, or 9 shots are all in one ragged hole in the bullseye. It happens every time. Any insights?

My first thoughts is a Cold Bore.

Is it the first shot of the day or the first shot after the barrel has had time to cool off?

Or is it the first shot of every group regardless of barrel temp?

It's the first shot of every group.

Is your flier the first round chambered from a fresh magazine? And, if so, how do you chamber that first round: with the slide release lever or slipshot the slide manually?

Curtis

The flier is the first round chambered every time. I have a slide racker so I rack the slide back and drop it.

Sounds like the lockup is different when manually cycled versus after firing a round.

Does it happen with both the 19 and 13 pound spring?

You can trying shooting a group with several manually cycled rounds to see if that's the cause.

Good luck,

Seiichi

Sounds like the lockup is different when manually cycled versus after firing a round.

Does it happen with both the 19 and 13 pound spring?

You can trying shooting a group with several manually cycled rounds to see if that's the cause.

Good luck,

Seiichi

I think it is the lockup too. That's why I tried the 19# spring, to make sure it was locking up tightly. Not sure what to do about it though.........

"From the Bench", huh? Are you perhaps "Riding the Reset" of the trigger on shots number two and later? If so, try letting the trigger come all the way FORWARD for EACH SHOT, and see if that makes any difference...ya' NEVER know....mikey357