Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Only a matter of time

eerw

Well..today..corporate announced unpaid furloughs. so I gotta take 5 days.. :(

oh well... could be worse....

They are tossing around the idea for me also. Only they still want us to work those 6 unpaid days.

We are doing them too. I don't mind at all, I can use the time and the funding shortage isn't too hurtful. I am glad that this is the approach used too, my industy is down around 90% in sales and we haven't let a single full time employee go yet due to the savings that are in large part gained by furloughs. Others in my industry are hemoraging long term employees. It could be a lot worse, I was with a company that took another approach back in '01 when my industry fell on it's butt and that was terrible. Ever have to fire a good employee that you have known for years, know their wife and kids, etc? I will never forget it.....

I feel your pain. My company had us do two 32 hour weeks in Feburary. Next we have a week off aound Easter in April, and then a week off in June. They said it possibly expect more through the year. As said earlier, it could worse. I am in the automotive industry and there are lots of us that don't have a job to complain about.

Trey

At least we all still employeed

yes..I know that in these times..I am still blessed..I am working..I and my family are healthy, and I can still enjoy my hobby on a limited basis..

so all in all things are OK..