Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

Jack, see my other controversial thread, in match rules.

BTW, I have already personally thanked SGT's Johnson, Hampton and Horner. But I'll share what I said here, The stages for FB3g were ideally suited to allowing shooters to separate themselves in the final results by skill instead of having really tough stages and shooters frustrated with the tasks. I do not recall any shots or tasks that were extremely difficult to execute, except maybe the low port on stage 7, but it was definitely doable.

The match this year was, for lack of a better term..........easy, or doable, shooters pushed themselves to the limit and made mistakes, those that simply made the least mistakes fared better. it was a match result based on skill and not stage design.

I hope other matches take this into consideration and continue the trend.

trapr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your so set on agreeing too the fact the ROs have so much integrity and dignity and believe that they wouldnt never do anything to mess you over then what is the problem with having them tell you that your gun was unsafe. i dont believe there is a difference there????

also like in the previous post, all the other stages had the EXACT same pistol dump box........ and 260 competitors managed to make it through stage 7 without a lick of problems... come on guys. it was your on unsafeties that got you booted and now your just looking for a way out by blaming the RO. if he says its unsafe then its unsafe. get over it. everyone of yall that got booted have question on whether you really put your pistol on safe or not. when you have question, 99.99% of the time you didnt do the right thing. thats your on fault. not the RO. and now you found something to complain about and take the blame off of yourself. well hey,,, its not working. they knew who was at fault. YOU

Sfc Hampton i personally want to thank you and the rest of the Action Team staff for the amazing match you put on and i pray for a #6 everyday. congratulations to you guys and i hope that you have the best of holidays and have the best of luck in your upcoming shooting season.

regarding boxes and gun safeties, how many of us have lost a match by 2.0 seconds??????????????????????????????

would you rather take 2 secs. and empty the gun or put the gun on safe (maybe) and take the risk that the box (maybe) disengaged the safety, or that an RO accidently (maybe) disengaged it.

If you don't feel its fair the way the rules currently exist then work to change them or hold your own match and use your own rules. i don't agree with the current rule set but I can work with it, and every match says its ok to unload your gun and leave it so thats what I "try" to do everytime.

trapr

09 FB3G is in the books and what a fine time it was!!!!

As always a huge THANKS to match staff, sponsors, workers, RO's, AMU. The FB3G has been the match to measure all of the matches that I get to attend in a years time and again I'm not disappointed. Hats off to all that made it happen.

I worked stage 3 and I really enjoyed watching the shooters in the house. I have to get out and practice more, allot of you folks are stepping up your game!

The classified stage was my second stage of the match and I need to realize that targets are on the ground not in the sky. Not my best stage effort, but the RO and staff said I had the loudest comp on my rifle up to that point :roflol: I got the SJC style points.

Thanks again to all involved and hope the 6th is in the making!!!!!!!!

I have used the Leatherman Micro a thousand times so far. THANKS Leatherman!! Thanks SABRE for the hat, came in handy over the weekend.

Alan Shepherd

anyone know what primary optic el prez was running?

That looks like a Safariland designed by Pride/Fowler.

Is that what they were running on the LaRue Rifles in the shootoffs? If so, any opinions, doesn't seem to be much press here on BE about them.

speaking of shoot-offs...... man, was that fun.

Shooting-off for a chance to win a car added a lot of excitement to the entire match. Thanks to Prestige Chevy of Columbus and the sponsors of the shootoff,

Para, FN-USA, LaRue, Safariland, and Gemtech. I can't wait to see the footage Scoutten puts out.

By the way, the scopes were a 3 x 9

Hamp and crew, thanks for another great match.

Nice touch holding the Re-Enlistment Ceremony in front of the crowd. That was a first for me. Sgt. Horner and Staff Sgt. Saint John ... Thank you for your committment.

In case the spectators didn't know, Staff Sgt. Saint John is Sgt. Robbie Johnson's spotter, undefeated I may add, in the Annual International Sniper Competition.

I'm going to leave it at this......... See you next year.

Way cool. The results I saw posted were different. :huh:

A Marine team from Scout Sniper School (West) at Camp Pendleton, Calif., won the ninth annual U.S Army International Sniper Competition at Fort Benning, Ga., officials announced Friday.

Way cool. The results I saw posted were different. :huh:
A Marine team from Scout Sniper School (West) at Camp Pendleton, Calif., won the ninth annual U.S Army International Sniper Competition at Fort Benning, Ga., officials announced Friday.

Well, unless I missed this years!? I know they won the last 2 in a row. When was this years match?

Ok Bobby, it was 07 and 08 they won, so you may well be correct on this years match! My bad...

Edited by recon215

In October. Yes they did win 2 in a row (07 and 08), but not the one held in 2009.

They could not have won in 2009, because the team of Johnson & St John did not compete in the 2009 event.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

In October. Yes they did win 2 in a row (07 and 08), but not the one held in 2009.

They could not have won in 2009, because the team of Johnson & St John did not compete in the 2009 event.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Good reason Linda. Did either of them compete? I can't find any info other than it was planned for Oct of this year!

The website for ordering more shirts was posted a few pages back. You can order from the Ft. Benning website.

Andy

Thanks, but I was looking for the sweatshirts that the AMU was selling in the vendor tent. The say "US Army Shooting Team" on the back and the AMU shield on the front.

I'd like to get one of those AMU sweatshirts also for a friend who is a retired Army officer.

• 6 months later...