Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Cmore mount screws

Fireant

Where do you find longer screws for the mount? I switched from a Dawson mount to the new Quinn and the screws were fine, now I'm trying to add a RHT *thumb rest [generic]* and they screws that came with the RHT are not long enough.

Roger - I'm a little confused. The topic says Cmore mount screws, but it sounds like your asking about mounting the *thumb rest [generic]*. If it's the *thumb rest [generic]*, I called Mike at Shooters Connection and he had a couple (when I screwed mine up). Paul Whitacre once told me he's found them at a local HW store. I'd just check at the local Ace to start with.

JimInFL

Go to an industrial supply house or a store that sell just screws and bolts(Fastenal or similar) and they should have it. Only problem os you will have to buy a box of 100 as they typically do not sell by the screw or bolt.

Sometimes you can get lucky and at ACe hardware they will have a section in 1 isle with drawers full of all kinds of screws. If they havent been picked over they might have them. Make sure you get the correct hardness on the screw.

Sorry for any confussion, I'm talking about the screws that hold the mount to the frame. I'll check ACE(never thought about trying there).

If they are the odd ball size hit me up. I had to buy them in a box of 100...so lets just say I have a few leftover! :rolleyes:

Can't remember the size right now but I will look them up tonight when i get home.

It depends on the thread pitch of the screw. ACE or most likely any other hardware store will have them if they are 6-32. If they are 6-40 (which is fairly common) you'll have to get them at some industrial supply shop like McMaster Carr. You can order a box of 25 from them.

Sorry for any confussion, I'm talking about the screws that hold the mount to the frame. I'll check ACE(never thought about trying there).

Hey bro... I'm pulling my pedal off and selling it... if you need the screws you can have those if you don't find some. Since mine go through a Quinn you shouldn't even have to size them.

JT

Edited by JThompson