Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bushmaster ACR

L-10_shooter

I have been searching for new info on this new rifle and have not found anything newer than 6 months ago. Has anyone hear if they are on scedule to deliver in the next couple months or has it been pushed back? I was also wondering how the ACR would get produced with the huge number or AR's that bushmaster is having to build right now.

Last I heard is that it is delayed for awhile because Magpul/BM intend to submit the gun for some sort of military trial and therefore want to spend some time making sure it's bulletproof before submitting it for that test.

The ACR was supposed to be ready for sale by 1st Q 2009. In November 2008, the ACR was submitted to the Army for trials (for their M4 replacement program) which is going to delay production even longer. Once the Army goes over it, they will most certainly have "suggestions" on things that should be changed. Bushmaster/Magpul will make the changes and resubmit. That could add another year or so until it is put in production.

There wasn't even an ACR at the Bushmaster booth at this year's SHOT Show, only at Magpul's booth. I would not be surprised if the Massoud (AR10) is available for sale before the ACR is.

Wow I had not idea that bushmaster did not have a demo at shot show. That tells me it going ot be much longer than stated. O well What am I going to......wait? thanks for the info david

Bushmaster is at least 6 months behind in filling orders due to the obamamania buying frenzy for their standard line of rifles. There are delays due to spot shortages with barrels, other parts, etc. They have not shipped a rifle to Davidsons, their largest whoelsaler in over a month. talk to BM or DPMS, try to get a standard rifle now and listen to when they tell you it can be shipped.

So, my opinion only, we won't see the ACR this year. They simply are too busy trying to keep up with normal business to introduce a totally new rifle. In hindsight, Magpul made a bad decision to farm out production of the rifle to a mass manufacturer. If they did not want to keep it in house, they should have worked with a small manufacturer who would have had some skin in the game to get it out or set up their own division to deal with it. It is small potatoes to BM given what is going on right now.

Damn shame about the ACR, it is a part of art and the consumer might never get one due to market issues.

I think magpul did the right thing, just bad timing with american AR-15 addicts. I also think the rifle is a piece of art. But more than that, it is very left hand friendly. I shoot lefty and have never liked the rear charge handle. There is not a singl piece on the ACR that I dont like. Just have to wait and see when/if it comes out. Want in one hand sh!t in the other and see which one fills first.

• 9 months later...

Bushmaster is now saying that it will be released the 2nd half of 2010. Mind you, Bushmaster first said that it would be released in 2nd Quarter 2008, then that was changed to 4th Q 2008. In a January 31, 2008 press release, Bushmaster said that it would be available "early 2009". Then that changed several times to 2nd Q 2009 and then to 4th Q 2009. As for the price, who knows. In 2008, Bushmaster/Magpul were saying around $1,400.

On the Magpul AR15.com forum, Magpul is saying that new info will be released about the ACR at the SHOT Show.

Magpul has always been awesome in releasing information and hyping products, less so in releasing them on time ;)

I saw a slick video on youtube released by Remington showing the ACR as a lead up to SHOT. I read that Remington is doing the commercial LE sales and Bushmaster is doing the MIL sales.

Below is a link to a quick blurb from Defense Review about a "leaked" video.

defense review story

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

• 2 weeks later...
This lawsuit may change its future or at least its release a little.

Looks like they are referring to the BAD Lever from the description in the article and not to the quick change capability of the ACR. If something else holds up the ACR, you have to wonder. But, Cerebus has deep pockets, so this could be a ploy for licensing fees.

This lawsuit may change its future or at least its release a little.

Looks like they are referring to the BAD Lever from the description in the article and not to the quick change capability of the ACR. If something else holds up the ACR, you have to wonder. But, Cerebus has deep pockets, so this could be a ploy for licensing fees.

There is another company selling a BAD device, and it seems like a copy of Magpul's design. It is interesting that Robinson waited until days before SHOT Show to file this lawsuit, when they've had to know about the Masada/ACR for a couple of years. Although I am not a patent attorney, I do know that you have to defend your patent if you know (or suspect) that it is being infringed, i.e., you can't sleep on your rights. Also, just because there is a patent was issued doesn't mean the patent is valid.

I think Bushmaster screwed themselves. MSRP for the basic ACR is $2,685 and $3,061 for the "enhanced" model. The silly thing is, Magpul was pretty much telling everyone who would listen that the MSRP would be $1,400.

Ahhhh, that just ruined it for me right there. I guess if your competition is getting $2500, you might as well raise your

price as well ?? :rolleyes: