Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO Level 1 Class - OHIO

FranDoc

Whats the deadline to sign up and the cost?

Send a PM to FranDoc. She'll be able to answer any questions you might have. Going from memory I think the class runs $40.00 or $45.00. :cheers:

Whats the deadline to sign up and the cost?

Well ... the 'deadline' was back when I made the "last call" post (5/31). HOWEVER ... Officer Instructor (Sir!) Gary Stevens has said that we WILL accommodate walk-ins on Saturday AM. As per previous posts, we'll share books and make arrangements to get more copies of the final exam.

IF you are ready ... be there, 0830, Pickaway County Sportsman's range on Rte 22 in Circleville.

PM me with your regular email address so I can send a copy of the class application. Bring that, as well as $40 (CASH, small bills, I won't have change) on Saturday.

Saturday is all classroom, break for lunch on your own.

Sunday starts in the classroom and moves to the range practice exercise. If you want to shoot the drill, bring your gun/rig/ammo. Everybody will need eye/ear protection. Everybody gets to be the RO at least once.

Some insight: knowing a finer point of scoring - that will be thoroughly reviewed during the range exercise - gave me an Alpha rather than a NS penalty at last year's W PA Sectional ;) .

Thanks to SLM for the previous post. He was in the class that I coordinated (and did my own certification) in Canton OH, March 2008.

Any questions, let me know. If anyone has been waiting for more info from Conrad on this class, contact me ASAP. He's buried with Sectional match details, I'm your POC (point of contact) for this class.

Sorry Fran, put your creative stage design ambitions on hold. We have two standard courses and score sheets in the workbook.

I use the field course, as it allows for more shooting situations for the RO.

Gary

That WAS a reference to the standard exercise -- edge hits on overlying NS targets (Through the perf line, or not? Have your overlay handy.)

No intention to construct a 'usual' Conrad-and-Fran Circileville match stage.

Edit for typo.

Edited by FranDoc

Last BTT.

If you haven't signed up yet, but are interested, come on down to the range classroom (www.pcsirange.com for directions) before 0830 tomorrow and register. I'll have extra registration paperwork there. Look for the woman in the bright orange Rayner's Range T-shirt.

Bring a notebook, writing implement, your blue rule book (hard copy or downloaded to your portable electronic device of choice) and $40 cash American. Know your USPSA # for the registration form. If you are a new member and don't have a number yet, we can say 'pending'.

If you have any questions, send a PM. I'll check email later this evening.

Per Flex's earlier message, we likely will not have another Level 1 class in Ohio until 2011, so ... here's your chance now.

Aloha.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the class. It was really good to meet all the folks who have never been to Circleville, or who hadn't joined us in a long time. We hope it was a good use of your weekend.

Thanks to Conrad for being our range liaison, for getting the extra fans for the classroom, and for staying late on Sunday so we could run a couple hours of practice.

Thanks to Gary for sharing all the knowledge and experience. We look forward to seeing him back as a CRO at the OH Sectional/IPSC National matches in October. Hope he and BULIT-1 (not that a black Mustang with that license plate would draw ANY attention from the cops ...) had a safe trip home.

Thanks to JCB (JWB?) and the boys from Wood County for the cool T-shirt.

Thanks to everyone who helped paste targets and pick up brass during the range exercise. Everybody helped, so it went very quickly.

Remember that Gary wants your test back in ~30 days (or less, preferably less).

The owner of the workbook left at the range has been identified. I'll take care of getting it back to him.

If you have any comments or suggestions for class logistics, please let me know. I believe that there is an evaluation in the workbook - sent to USPSA - for comments on the course content. {Short version, paraphrasing Gary: (1) treat shooters as you'd like to be treated; (2) know the range commands and use them properly}

I look forward to seeing you all on the range. Thanks again.

Thanks for setting up this class Fran. I really learned a lot and would definitely recommend this class to others. I hope to get over to the monthly shoot in Circleville a couple times before the state match.

+1 on the great class. Even this 'ol fart learned some new tricks. Gary did his usual great job at the head of the class and Fran and the rest of the crew were welcome assets to the event.

Nobody is getting rich doing classes like these. Thanks for giving of yourselves, your time, your money to make our sport a little bit better.

Ray

Had a good time at the class, thanks to Gary for imparting great knowledge, Fran for organizing, Chad, Conrad, flyin 40 and others for stopping afterwards to help with a little practice.

And I don't remember who I was talking to about the dillon 650 snapping shell plate fix, but here's the thread which has part numbers for the thrust washers and needle roller bearing.

Ditto to all that has been said. It was a very informative class in which I learned a lot. Thanks again to Gary and Fran. And that range is pretty damn awesome as well. Conrad is a great dude. After the class him and a few other guys (flyin 40 and pittbug)were setting up some practice stages when I noticed a texas star was set up. All I did was mention that I had never had the chance to shoot one and all Conrad had to say was "get your stuff you can shoot it all you want". I shot it a few times since I did not want to hog their practice time but felt welcome to shoot it more. In forum lingo all I can say is +1. Keep up the good work up there!

It is quite a drive from Cincy but I will be back a time or two before the Ohio shoot.

It is quite a drive from Cincy but I will be back a time or two before the Ohio shoot.

And you can count on seeing the TX star every single time you come .... Conrad will not want you to get to Sectional saying, "I never saw that before". Conrad's monthly matches are Sectional-level complexity.

I've got a few stages on the drawing board for Aug/Sept with the shaky bridge, unloaded starts, doors, movers, the star, and everything else that's in the prop barn. Conrad has already seen most of them.

Looks like pas44 might be coming to the July 4th match; see if you can hitch a ride.

Glad you could stick around for practice time. You could have shot the star a half dozen more times and not "hogged practice time".