Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Class Would This Gun Be In? Limited 10?

SIE107

PC4006-4.jpg

Will be aquiring one like this one.. and thinking about getting into some pistol matches here locally.. just curious which class I would be shooting in with this pistol?

Thanks in advance

PC4006-4.jpg

Will be aquiring one like this one.. and thinking about getting into some pistol matches here locally.. just curious which class I would be shooting in with this pistol?

Thanks in advance

You could shoot L-10 and production if the first shot is double action.

Thank you .. that is what I was wondering if I would be able to shoot production.. but from what I understand.. it would not be eligible for production because there were only 120 of this particular model made from what I am told. Yes it is DA/SA

Thank you .. that is what I was wondering if I would be able to shoot production.. but from what I understand.. it would not be eligible for production because there were only 120 of this particular model made from what I am told. Yes it is DA/SA

What's the model number?

Oh, everyone does this from time to time, but guns are separated by divisions, shooters by classes.

It is a 4006 Performance Center Tactical .40

Hmmm...well, the approved list simply shows the 4006 and doesn't break it down any farther than that like it does for some other models.

Edit to correct: Just noticed that it's got the slight magwell attachment on it and that's specifically prohibited for Production. Found a pic of an early 4006 and it appears the front of the slide is cut differently as well. Based on the magwell alone it's likely a no-go for Prod. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

Looks like a gun for Limited-10 division to me.

While the 4006 is a approved gun for Production division, I don't believe that model is approved.

You should contact John Amidon (Director of the National Range Officer Institute)...our head rules guy...and ask him.

Be sure to tell him all the info (it's not just another 4006). jamidon1 AT twcny.rr.com

So in essence then .. It is a Limited-10 and Limited gun.. but I will prob just stay in the Limited-10.. I do appreciate everyones help in this matter.. sometimes ones answers can be found faster than trying to find them on the web.. Esp when you do a search, one keeps getting results for something that is for sale.. I hate that.. used to be easy to find good info on the web.. now it is so dang hard for all the "wanna make a buck" people.

This should be a fun gun to shoot.. at least I am looking forward to it.. moving from shooting Highpower for the last ten years.. I have felt that I needed a change. I still shoot 1K matches though.

This is a great L10 gun and if you remove the magwell(yes it can be removed) it is good in production. If it is like the ones I've seen and handled the frame is marked 4006 and then the serial number. So it is a 4006 just different than some.

My mags just came it that I ordered for this gun.. bought 10 4006 mags from Bud's Gunshop for 70 bucks shipped. They are police trade in's and are in excellent shape... they do need some cleaning though.

This is a great L10 gun and if you remove the magwell(yes it can be removed) it is good in production. If it is like the ones I've seen and handled the frame is marked 4006 and then the serial number. So it is a 4006 just different than some.

I don't think so.

I've handled a couple of the 5in Custom Shop 5906 9mm guns. Those were allowed to squeak by in Production division in the past, but I don't think the new rules clarifications will allow them now.

I am assuming...the 4006 is normally a 4in gun and not a 5in gun...like the 5906? If they only made 120 of these... Production requires 2,000 and approval on the list.

I don't think so.

I've handled a couple of the 5in Custom Shop 5906 9mm guns. Those were allowed to squeak by in Production division in the past, but I don't think the new rules clarifications will allow them now.

I am assuming...the 4006 is normally a 4in gun and not a 5in gun...like the 5906? If they only made 120 of these... Production requires 2,000 and approval on the list.

For that matter Limited requires 500 manufactured, no? There might be no place but open for this blaster....

I thought about that Nik...

It should be OK for Limited as there have to be more than enough (500 conponets) 5in slides for that gun out there. Kinda like the 6in slides we see on double-stack Springfields. So, I'd think it Limited legal. (and Limited-10 legal)

??

I thought about that Nik...

It should be OK for Limited as there have to be more than enough (500 conponets) 5in slides for that gun out there. Kinda like the 6in slides we see on double-stack Springfields. So, I'd think it Limited legal. (and Limited-10 legal)

??

Better get a ruling......

Flex,

These are 4006 frames, they slide by on the same ruling as the 5906 -5" rule. (old rules, do not know about the new rules) This was ruled on about 5/6 yrs ago. This is the same gun that I shot for two years in production, and shot it two years at the nationals with no problems. You do have to remove the add on mag well. I also shot it at the world shoot try-outs. ---JWB

JW,

Your saying that if I remove the magwell.. that the chances are that it may still be allowed in "production".. What about Limited-10? I am going to pick only one divison and stick with it..

In my opinion, it is legal for limited, therefore it is legal for limited -10. Of course you only load 10 rounds in the magazine, and you can retain the mag well add on. If you are going to shoot production, I would contact John Amidon, and ask for his ruling. I don't know the new rules well enough to even make a comment. Flex is probably sharper on the new rules, as anybody ( since he is a section co-ordin.). Under the old rules there was no mention of barrel length on the 5906, or 4006. I have a copy of that ruling or article somewhere. Since very few people shot these guns in USPSA, and fewer are now (with the coming of the M&P) I filed it somewhere.

I shot it as a downloaded 40 cal. Flex suggested that a downloaded 40 recoiled less than a full power 9mm. To me it seemed to be right. Try it where ever you want, and have fun. Join the gentlemen shooters,(pistol) We don't have to lay down in the mud to shoot our guns. (yea, yea foget Tulsa) :rolleyes: ---JWB

Hi John. :)

JWB had one of the rare guns that was a Performance Shop unobtainable. Super nice.

Under the old rules...it kinda slipped by. USPSA just this week came out with updates and clarifications to the Production division rules. (and that is why nobody here is giving too firm of an opinion and suggest that you contact the home office for clarity)

My read on those rules is that they are not going to allow some of the stuff that slipped by in the past.

I don't believe that S&W makes a similar model of gun like that in a 5in version that is...otherwise...Production legal?