Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doin the Dykem Dance!

Pat Miles

Working in the garage tonight fitting a barrel for a 40 single stack I'm trying to finish up. I make the initial cut with my Wilson lug cutter and move on to the final fitting. Break out the blue Dykem to paint the feet. Paint, file,try.Paint, file,try... Reach for the brush in the Dykem and knock the bottle off the work bench :surprise: . Up into the air I go to try and avoid the impending splash. Almost high enough but not quite. But then where to land? Oh yeah, right in the blue flood that's all over the floor now. This wasn't the small economical size bottle. No, this was the large industrial size barrel o' Dykem. Dog slinks away waiting for the small thermonuclear rant that is about to happen. It happens. Blue splotches on my shoes, my Levis and everything else within a three foot radius. Fortunately paint thinner cleans this stuff up. I catch a small buzz from the fumes. Takes me back to my younger, stupid days.There goes an hour of my evening. Folks at Starbucks are going to give the freak with blue hands a wide berth tomorrow morning. Oh well.

CYa,

Pat

The bad part is people are going to think you were digging in a porta potty. Actually you should go to MacDonalds and order french fries and causually tell the counter person you are a porta-potty cleaner as you grab a french fry.... :wacko:

The bad part is people are going to think you were digging in a porta potty. Actually you should go to MacDonalds and order french fries and causually tell the counter person you are a porta-potty cleaner as you grab a french fry.... :wacko:

I can see Pat doing that :cheers:

LMAO

Jim

I have anchored the Dykem bottle to a 5" x 5" x 1/4" piece of steel. Now if it gets spilled again it's because I wanted it to get spilled! I'm still cleaning up splotches of Dykem. At least I can open the garage door to help get rid of the paint thinner fumes I'm using for cleanup. Far Out!

Jim, I,m gonna bring you a bit Saturday for your mustache. :roflol:

CYa,

Pat

I have anchored the Dykem bottle to a 5" x 5" x 1/4" piece of steel. Now if it gets spilled again it's because I wanted it to get spilled! I'm still cleaning up splotches of Dykem. At least I can open the garage door to help get rid of the paint thinner fumes I'm using for cleanup. Far Out!

Jim, I,m gonna bring you a bit Saturday for your mustache. :roflol:

CYa,

Pat

Prussian Blue would be better. It would be almost like waxing it...in Blue. Might even match some of Nanci's guns. :D