Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

US Revolver Division team for 2011 World Shoot

Carmoney

The Board of Directors will be meeting this weekend in Dallas, and this issue is on the agenda. Inexplicably, USPSA has never funded a team in Revolver Division, and I think it's high time this policy is changed. This morning I sent the following email to each board member (president, VP, and all the area directors). Those here who agree might consider sending a similar politely-worded message, in your own words of course, over the next couple days before they all take off for Dallas. Their emails are listed in the Members section of the USPSA website under the USPSA Staff tab.

Gentlemen:

As you know, one of the items on the agenda for the upcoming board meeting in Dallas is "Official Teams to represent USPSA at the 2011 IPSC World Shoot."

I strongly urge USPSA to support a United States team for Revolver Division for the 2011 and all future World Shoot events. Revolver is the only division recognized in both USPSA and IPSC that has not received support from USPSA in the past. Many members feel that it would make far more sense for USPSA to support teams in all divisions first, before funding separate teams for categories like women and juniors.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of this issue.

Respectfully,

Mike Carmoney

A23819

Yes, but that proposal is for starting 2012, so we would still be good for 2011. The proposal covers both IPSC Modified and IPSC Revolver divisions due largely to their small turnouts. The US pushing for a Revolver World Team would definately be an indicator as to how we feel about that proposal. I, personally, think Revolver can be saved. Worldwide turnout has been steady, but you still major manufacturers producing guns and obviously selling guns. We just need to get those gun owners in the game.

There's a proposal floating around the IPSC Global Village to do away with Modified and Revolver divisions in Level IV and V matches.

Just so you know...

Yeah, well, proposals float around internet websites all the time. I'm not going to get too excited, unless it appears the governing body of IPSC is seriously considering such a change.

It has always seemed incredibly obvious to me that the very first equipment division should be between autoloaders and revolvers--every other variation should be sub-division of one of those fundamental divisions. But that's a discussion for another time, I suppose.

Revolver Division should receive support from USPSA at the World Shoots. Every time I open Front Sight and see that listing of the U.S. teams that brought back all those gold medals from Bali, I get upset. I think it's great we sent a Ladies Open team and a Junior Open team and whatever else, but to sponsor those "category" teams before a U.S. Revo Division team? I think that's unconscionable.

THere are lots of teams not suported by USPSA

what has been suported the last couple of times.

open - men, women, junior

standard men

Any other teams that wore a USPSA shirt were self funded

You left out production.

The fact that they pay for a ladies team and junior team shows that it is not based on numbers but on the desires of the BOD.

THere are lots of teams not suported by USPSA

what has been suported the last couple of times.

open - men, women, junior

standard men

Any other teams that wore a USPSA shirt were self funded

Production was supported as well.

Carmoney,

I know I am just getting started in the Revolver Division, but I have seen a lot of inquiries from Julie Goloski of S&W. She might be a very worthwhile ally in a push to have a sponsored USA Revolver team in 2011.

Why are they meeting in Dallas?

USPSA Board Meeting - March 7-8, Dallas Texas

-BOD approval of John Amidon as Vice President

-Production Division review

-USPSA Officer Review

-Official Teams to represent USPSA at the 2011 IPSC World Shoot

-2009 Budget Approval

-Life Membership upgrade from Annual Membership

-Nationals slot policy review

-Committee reports

-USPSA National Championships Report

-USPSA Junior Camp

-2011 IPSC World Shoot Team Selection Policy

-Committee review

Why are they meeting in Dallas?

I think they heard there was a "Big" Revolver Competitior in Texas and they wanted to keep their enemies close!!! :roflol:

Think you could track them down and request an audience? That might be interesting.

They would hate me, I don't know the rules. I just go to matches and shoot what I have. I have been shooting Open for so long ( using and Eight shot ), they wouldnldn't even recognise that I have a revolver. :roflol:

Yea, a big ol' Trojan Horse! You go in as OPEN and boom out comes a die hard REVOLVELERO!!!