Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<<well if I don't get in please put me on a waiting list or something.>>

We had a long waiting list last year... but getting on the list this early is a good thing. The cut-off date for refund requests is Oct 30th. I would say you have a good chance at getting in one way or another.

A2Chic

Hi all,

The only wait I had at the '02 Area 2 was on the first day. We started on stage 9 and had to wait about 15 min. for the group on stage 10 to finish. 10 was a long field course where you started seated in a car, hopped out and shot 2 distant targets and then ran and gan (past tense of gun) for quite a distance. The hold up was the group shooting the stage was taking some time with their walk-throughs and taping. It was their first stage of the day and we did start just past sunrise so I guess that their coffee had not yet kicked in. After that, the rest of the stages were clear by our starting time. Ran real smooth! A match like that could get really screwed up if the staff was not careful. I am looing forward to this years!

Later,

Chuck

Hey Area2Chic,

As long as we are nagging, I have a couple of questions. Will the squad matrix get posted and how do I find out what squad I am on? I did not see it on the congrats letter.

TIA,

Chuck

PS: I am sure you are damn busy getting ready for this beast. I just want to thank you for your efforts and I am sure the other members here feel the same! ;)

Dave,

Sounds like a smart move. I do hope you meant "plain" and not "pain"! This will be my last hurrah in SS. I should be getting the open gun in December, so like you, I will shoot open until something breaks and fall back to limited. You reminded me to ask Santa for a back up sight!

See ya in Mesa,

Chuck

ChuckS,

I sent your confirmation info 9/15/2003. If you did not get it, I will send it to you again. We are on the same squad schedule at last year. I see that you were a competitor last year as well. I know I said that I was working on getting stages posted... I'm kinda busy and haven't gotten it done yet. I'll get there...

I will put you on my list to send squadding info out to... I have a "list" - you're on it. Gotta get to work... later...

A2Chic

6:40AM? Sunrise will be around 6:50AM... so it looks like a walkthru with a flashlight. Last year the first few shooters every morning were shooting in the dark. There was also a problem running out of sunlight. I remember shooting a stage Saturday and seeing nothing but muzzleflash because the sun was disappearing.

This is my favorite match every year. I just wish there was a way to start 20 minutes later and finish 20 minutes earlier.

I'd normally ask for some cheese with that whine... but, I do prefer chocolate! If you'd like some... I'll have the coffee on when you get there... just bring a cup. I'll be getting to the range before 5:30 am every morning. I'm lucky to live just 4 miles down-street from the range. As for cutting the times down - that would mean that we would have to cut the size of the match as well. There are over 400 competitors this year. Wubba - yee-ha... and all that... It's crazy over here... Too much computing, too little sleeep. AAAUUUUGGGHHHH :-)

a2chic

According to This Website the sunrise/sunset on Nov 7,8 and 9 in Phoenix Az will be:

0652 / 1731

0653 / 1731

0654 / 1730

This'll be just like hunting....

I hear that IPSC targets bed-down for the night and don't get up 'till twilight. We should be able to catch'em when they first hit their little trails if we're quiet. Remember, hit'em right between the shoulders....... ;)

To give you some history (listen up class...) the person that originally set up this match on the second weekend in November went to some sort of weather history almanac that shows that this is the best weekend in Arizona at this time of the year. Yaaa... you will be beginning at the crack of dawn... but so will the other 399+ shooters. It'll be fun... TRUST ME :-)

a2chic