Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First reloads successful

Sarge

9mm 4.0 titegroup 124 CMJ MG

I personally did not notice a whole lot of difference between them and some UMC 115's. The brass ejection was the most noticable thing. They only went about a foot up and out and fell at my feet. I guess about a third of what the UMC did. No real difference in recoil IMO. POI was unchanged. Am I to the point of maybe changing springs to gain the advantage of less recoil? Was I expecting too much of a difference?

My biggest concern is that although this is a popular recipe one poster recently cautioned me that this load for him barely made minor PF. ?????

UPDATE Somewhere on here is a shooter who said titegroup melted his fiber optic front sight. To anyone who doubts it, don't, at least not yet. After 1000+rounds of factory ammo with no problems I fired the afore mentioned 100 handloads and the front tip of my front sight is gone! The rod will push right out. Coincidence? How many rounds does it usually take for this to happen? I guess now I need to find a source for more rod. Any color preferences? Reasons?

Thanks again.

Edited by sandman78

9mm 4.0 titegroup 124 CMJ MG

I personally did not notice a whole lot of difference between them and some UMC 115's. The brass ejection was the most noticable thing. They only went about a foot up and out and fell at my feet. I guess about a third of what the UMC did. No real difference in recoil IMO. POI was unchanged. Am I to the point of maybe changing springs to gain the advantage of less recoil? Was I expecting too much of a difference?

My biggest concern is that although this is a popular recipe one poster recently cautioned me that this load for him barely made minor PF. ?????

gun?

Definately chrono them. My guess is there are touch on the light side, and spent brass dribbling around that close to the ejection port can cause problems later down the road when shooting around walls, barricades, barrels, etc.... Don't change springs until you run 'em across the clock.

For the fiber optic rod get the Caspian it is the brightest of all. I prefer red.

When you install it you will need a lighter and some super glue. Lightly glue the front of the fiber optic rod and slide it in flush with the front of the sight. Cut off the rod at the rear of the sight leaving some exposed. The more that you leave exposed the bigger dot you will have. Once you have cut it off melt it so it forms/contracts to the front sight.

Craig

Total Coincidence. Tightgroup is hot, but it aint THAT hot. More likely the fiber rod was improperly installed and it shot loose.

+1. If TG melted FO sights, the range would be littered with them. Either broken or improperly installed initially.