Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

South Carolina in early March

anything going on,..any places I should try attend matches? Looks like a roadtrip is going to occur,..visiting the relatives at Myrtle Beach. Got my paperwork in to BATF. I am open to suggestions,...I would be willing to drive a few hours away from Myrtle,..so suggest away!!!

You also have a match in Charleston (about an hour or so south) on the first Saturday.

We've been holding sidematches for shotgun (possibly rifle next month) in Charleston after the IPSC match too.

Is it IPSC rules (re: production holster),...or USPSA rules for production? I am used to 10rd rules,..I shoot standard too,..which is basically L10 in Canada...

Saturday

http://lchico.5u.com/ for more info

Banks

Columbia would be the second week end and puts on a really good match.

great people and would welcome you with open arms.

I have attached the Link to the SC website you can get more info there.

http://www.southcarolina-uspsa.org/

saturday or sunday?

thanks!

Edited by spankymac

You also have a match in Charleston (about an hour or so south) on the first Saturday.

that sounds do-able....if I left thursday morning,..drove,..spent the night in NY,..then arrived in Myrtle friday evening! I have a Tom-Tom GPS,.so it will get a work out!

Saturday

Banks

saturday or sunday?

thanks!

Cool,..so the first two saturdays of the month are matches at different clubs! Palmetto on first saturday,..and Columbia on 2nd saturday...If I time it correctly,.I can get two matches in.... :cheers:

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Hey Mo, wanna go again at the end of May? SC Sectional. It's a must-not-miss match as far as I'm concerned.

I wish! The wife is due April 2nd,..not sure I could swing it! Nothing is impossible,..but unless she totally loves the trip,..I may run into some difficulty............. :ph34r:

Saturday

Banks

saturday or sunday?

thanks!

Cool,..so the first two saturdays of the month are matches at different clubs! Palmetto on first saturday,..and Columbia on 2nd saturday...If I time it correctly,.I can get two matches in.... :cheers:

Both clubs put on great matches. The 3rd weekend is the Steel Challenge in Columbia as well. Opportunities for shooting almost every weekend.

At least the 1st two weekends are USPSA rules. L10, Limited, Production, Open, Single Stack. The Steel Challenge is mostly USPSA rules. The divisions are Pistol Iron Sight Centerfire, Pistol Open Centerfire, Pistol Iron Sight Rimfire, Pistol Iron Sight Open, Revolver (someone help me out with these... is it just Irons?). Lastly, they allow rimfire rifle in irons and open as well. You can shoot up to 2 guns if you wish.

Mo,

The March (March 14) Mid-Carolina Rifle Club match is going to be a classifier match. We will have at least 5 classifiers and one field course. As previouosly stated, Palmetto Gun Club in Summerville shoots on the 1st Saturday. Coastal Shooters in Aynor (near Myrtle Beach) holds their matches on the first Sunday.

Also, we use USPSA Production rules. drop me a line if you need any additonal info. Take care.

I wish! The wife is due April 2nd,..not sure I could swing it! Nothing is impossible,..but unless she totally loves the trip,..I may run into some difficulty............. :ph34r:

They have hospitals in South Carolina.

Ok, I'm sort of kidding there.

Mo,

The March (March 14) Mid-Carolina Rifle Club match is going to be a classifier match. We will have at least 5 classifiers and one field course. As previouosly stated, Palmetto Gun Club in Summerville shoots on the 1st Saturday. Coastal Shooters in Aynor (near Myrtle Beach) holds their matches on the first Sunday.

Also, we use USPSA Production rules. drop me a line if you need any additonal info. Take care.

classifiers for USPSA,.so I could get my membership online,..and get classified? That would be great. First sunday at Coastal Shooters in Aynor,...so that could mean I could shoot maybe 3 matches!!! All my wife said was, "as long as I get to sit on the beach and not see snow,..you can shoot all you want!"

She said it... :roflol::roflol:

maybe leave feb 27th...arrive late on the 28th.

still working on that.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Mo,

Your wife and mine sound a lot alike. Other than the expecting part (thank the lord!). The first weekend of every month during the warm months we drive to Charleston to visiit my parents. Dad and I go shoot with the Charleston USPSA club and she goes and sits on the beach for the day!

Hopefully, she will enjoy the visit and let you come back!

Spartanburg and Charleston on the 1st Sat

Aynor on the 1st Sunday

Columbia on the 2nd Sat

Columbia Steel on the 3rd Sat

Spartanburg on the 4th Sat

Spartanburg on the 5th Sat

And just north of Myrtle Beach you have Ant Hill in Southport, NC on the 2nd Sunday. See NC Section (http://www.ncsection.org/) for more info.

thanks for all the info folks,..it is much appreciated!!! :cheers:

the post above makes it easy to see what is available.

Just need to keep the fingers crossed for my form 6 form BATF to come thru. My old form 6 expires on Feb 7th!! I made the mistake of thinking it was good till april 1st. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mo Hepworth

thanks for all the info folks,..it is much appreciated!!! :cheers:

the post above makes it easy to see what is available.

Just need to keep the fingers crossed for my form 6 form BATF to come thru. My old form 6 expires on Feb 7th!! I made the mistake of thinking it was good till april 1st. :rolleyes:

Hi Mo,

Let me know if you need "invitation letters" for the local matches. I'll be happy to send one with all the dates & appropriate estimated round counts. It sometimes helps if you are trying to cross the border with a good bit of ammo.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Mo,

Aynor on the 1st Sunday

Columbia on the 2nd Sat

And just north of Myrtle Beach you have Ant Hill in Southport, NC on the 2nd Sunday. See NC Section (http://www.ncsection.org/) for more info.

Match on the 5th Sat. in Spartanburg are on hold for now. Announced as special matches when they occur.

thanks everyone,...I am keeping the fingers crossed and will call BATF imports branch in the next week or so to check on my form 6 application....squeaky wheel gets the grease (or the shaft LOL)

*BTW,..if anyone has any pull with these folks.......

It expires tomorrow,.but that is no good in March...LOL

Edited by Mo Hepworth

MO--HI

We have matches at Wildlife Action Club-in Aynor March 1st is uspsa--March 28 is bowling pin match-Tuesday and Thursday is Skeet Shooting if you need directions gust PM me here also the Columbia and Summerville matches are all good---hope to see you at at least one--

Eddie

:roflol:

:rolleyes:

Edited by EEH

Mo,

Your wife and mine sound a lot alike. Other than the expecting part (thank the lord!). The first weekend of every month during the warm months we drive to Charleston to visiit my parents. Dad and I go shoot with the Charleston USPSA club and she goes and sits on the beach for the day!

Hopefully, she will enjoy the visit and let you come back!

Aynor on the 1st Sunday

Columbia on the 2nd Sat

that match at Aynor is on sunday, March 1st! ? I hope to be in MB saturday evening so I can attend the match on March 1st at Aynor......then attend a match on the 1st saturday (March 7th) at either Spartanburg or CHarleston!

I don't think their would be a match on 5th saturday at Spartanburg,.as there is no 5th saturday in march.

I hope I have the dates correct :cheers:

MO--HI

We have matches at Wildlife Action Club-in Aynor March 1st is uspsa--March 28 is bowling pin match-Tuesday and Thursday is Skeet Shooting if you need directions gust PM me here also the Columbia and Summerville matches are all good---hope to see you at at least one--

Eddie

Looks like Aynor on sunday march 1st,..and then probably Charleston/Palmetto on Saturday March 7th..(Spartanburg looks to be about a 3 hour drive,.so that ruled it out for me)

IF you know of anything going on during the week,.feel free to advise!

I heard a Concealed carry match at a club in or near Myrtle beach on Tuesdays,..but still trying to confirm that.

I am hoping to bring down my production rig,..L10 rig,..and IDPA rig.

MO--HI

Eddie

Looks like Aynor on sunday march 1st,..and then probably Charleston/Palmetto on Saturday March 7th..(Spartanburg looks to be about a 3 hour drive,.so that ruled it out for me)

IF you know of anything going on during the week,.feel free to advise!

I heard a Concealed carry match at a club in or near Myrtle beach on Tuesdays,..but still trying to confirm that.

I am hoping to bring down my production rig,..L10 rig,..and IDPA rig.

Come on down. PCG is a great match!