Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

UPDATE! Stories With a Bad Ending

Heavy Barrel

My AD's thankfully have all been at the range...and duly DQ'ed for, although that does not in any way come close to the price that young man paid. It said he took a gun safety course the week before. How did he not remember "THAT GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED!? Or NEVER point a gun at anything you don't want to destroy? 21 years old...Jeez.

SAFETY!!!! People...check that gun...check it again....and YEAH one more time...CHECK THAT GUN!!!

Wow thats really admirable of the girls father to offer to testify for the young man. And I have to agree that sentencing him to any length prison term is likely to corrupt him. He meant no wrong. He's just stupid, and as we all know stupidity is not illegal.

His punishment is his own memory of that day.

If you deal with firearms long enough, chances are you will have an AD...some end more tragically than others...very sad story.

When that AD comes, you've already failed the rule "Treat every gun as if it were loaded." But if you follow the "Never point the muzzle at anything you not willing to destroy", the result may scare you but it won't cause tragedy. The first rule will avoid the problem, the second will save you from the dire results of your brain fade.

Scares the heck out me sometimes to see the sloppy muzzle control of even some well-experienced shooters who should know better :surprise: Thankfully, they never seem to be shooters with a USPSA or other competitive shooting sport background.

Stories like the above are heartbreaking...especially because it was completely avoidable.

Painful reminders never to be complacent around firearms.

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide

Wow thats really admirable of the girls father to offer to testify for the young man. And I have to agree that sentencing him to any length prison term is likely to corrupt him. He meant no wrong. He's just stupid, and as we all know stupidity is not illegal.

His punishment is his own memory of that day.

edited to comply with guidlines... my apologies.......

I agree, very sad story.

Edited by MtBob