Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area 8 Multigun Championship

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is the notice from the 2009 Area 8 Multigun Match Director that was sent to the staff.

The 1 1/2 day format has been changed to a Single Day Match as outlined below.

Alan Meek

USPSA Director Area 8

A8MGC staff,

Dean and I appreciate the very helpful suggestions you have sent and we think we have reached a conclusion that will satisfy everyone. There are two major issues we needed to address. Cutting costs to remain financially viable and attracting more shooters.

To these ends we have decided to change the match to a single day format. This should help with both of our major goals. A single day match should attract those shooters that were reluctant to pay for a hotel room, and shoot two days. It will also save us a night hotel stay for all of our staff.

-We will cut the match to 7 stages. We can run up to 70 shooters in one day on 7 stages. We did it last year without a problem.

-We will review the stages we have already designed. Keep the best ones, and make some modifications to better suit the new format.

-We have decided to keep the entry fee the same. It is the same as we charged last year for the same number of stages we propose for this year now. Changing the fee at this point would only complicate matters.

-We will cut set-up staff on Thursday to a skeleton crew to save on hotel expenses that night.

-Staff will still shoot on Friday as planned. Squads will be small. It worked last year.

-All staff who shoot on Friday and work on Saturday will still have hotels paid for Friday night as previously planned.

-Saturday we will tear down after the match. Shooters and all staff will be asked to help. If everyone pitches in this should take minutes. The Topton club has a new system of palletizing props and targets that makes set-up and tear-down much quicker and easier.

-We will do prize distribution only after teardown is complete.

Staff reimbursement will not be quite as generous as previously planned, but we won't be asking nearly as much work of you. Most of you will only be needed Friday and Saturday, where we were asking for 4 full days before.

I hope these changes suit you. For the most part they are the same as many of you suggested.

Dean and I assure you that with these measures now in place this match is positively still on. We have faith that with your help it will still be a great match.

Thanks, Howard

Just saw the format was changed to 1 day. Is the match filled? Applications available?

http://www.uspsa8.org/A8-MGC-09/2009A8MGAPP.pdf

Start Date: Friday June 19, 2009

End Date: Sunday June 21, 2009

Self-Service Squadding Starts: Wednesday March 4, 2009

Self-Service Squadding Ends: Friday June 5, 2009

UnSquadded Competitors: 28

Squadded Competitors: 19

The self service squadding is screwed up. There are a lot of slots available. Hopefully the managers of this match will get their act together and straighten this out.

I emailed Alan about that. He said he had heard that using the PIN # on your Front Sight mailing label might work. I had set up a password a while back, and used that for squadding.

billl223

as far as your comment about the managers of the match getting their act together, you should get some info on what you are commenting about before you open your trap. The reason the self squading was screwed up was uspsa decided to change the format for the self squading program in the middle of the application process. It is suposed to automatically enter only new entries when I upload them from ezwinscore, and it didn't do that. I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused. If it is to much for you I can send your entry back. My staff and I work very hard to put on a good match and this is the first time I used self squading and it screwed me, if you would like to volunteer to do registration I would galdly give it to you.

thanks for being positive and patient with a all volunteer crew.

dean

• 2 weeks later...

I just read where it is going to be a one-day match. VERY COOL. They have done that at the Kentucky mult-gun for several years and it has worked out well. I thought it was an excellent match last year as the stages were some of the best I shot all year. I will be looking forward to this match again!

The self service squadding is screwed up. There are a lot of slots available. Hopefully the managers of this match will get their act together and straighten this out.

I emailed Alan about that. He said he had heard that using the PIN # on your Front Sight mailing label might work. I had set up a password a while back, and used that for squadding.

That worked for me.