Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun thefts by airline bagage handlers

Carlos

This crap makes me NOT want to fly with firearms (rest of story at link at end).

"Two Bronx men attempting to sell stolen shotguns at a local gun shop were busted last Friday during a sting operation orchestrated by the Police Department and the FBI.

The arrests stem from a 2006 incident in which two shotguns, with a combined value of $105,000, were allegedly stolen from an airline passenger's checked baggage at Newark Liberty International Airport. "

http://www.greenwichtime.com/ci_11613756

I can understand a handgun, but how do you walk out of the airport with 2 shotguns ? :huh:

"Whatcha got there Bob?"

"Oh nothing much boss, just found these lying around that pile of trash over there, can I have 'em ?"

"Sure thing Bob." :)

................ or perhaps he stuffed 'em down his pants and "walked casually out to his car" :unsure:

Freakin' thieves are everywhere. In the seat next to you, in the restaurant where you're eating, in every parking lot, across the street from you, sometimes even where you work. I don't trust much of anyone any more. Jeez. <_<

<_< I just want to steal a smile B)

Flying form SeaTac to Palm Springs I had the magazines from my Model 39 taken along with a Smith .22 revolver. I always wondered why they made you put those stickers on your bags stating there is a firearm inside. It's so the baggage guys don' thave to look through every bag to get to the guns! :angry2:

I have so many choice words for the folks who work baggage. If you are one of them don't let me know. I even have a good friend that used to work baggage. We get along better know that he has a different job.